What's the deal with Cheese and Apple Danishes at conventions.

by pistolpete 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

To this day I wonder what the mystery meat was supposed to be. It would have worked to patch pioneer shoe soles.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Does no one remember the bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jam? This would have been late 80's / early 90's. Surprisingly good.

On the other side of the coin, once in the late 70's / early 80's they served hamburgers at a district convention. Perhaps well-intentioned, but the grease flowed through the aluminum foil wrapping. If you only stained your tie it was an amazing accomplishment - more likely your entire shirt / suit were ruined.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My impression is local cheap or free food made it onto the menu. Different areas seem to have different memories.

Dont forget the recycling bit. They still want my aluminum can and it is not to save the planet. Just like the one towel, and other skin flint things. Minimum number of handicap spaces which are filled by able bodied elders who either get in for their assignment or line up for the stampede. We are shuffled off to a lot with curbs a wheel chair cant go over.

May as well mention the mind dset on bring your own. Huge white rolls, 1 slice of cheese and meat and a soda, just like the old days.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember Hellas bar chocolate. I don't remember Danish pastries here in the UK. But who knows? Maybe they had run out of them that day.

I worked in the kitchens after they did sarnies instead of hot food. There was a big tea urn. We used to put all the loose tea leaves in a ladies' stocking as a sort of giant tea bag. Tied in a big knot at the top. I hasten to add, the lady wasn't wearing it. although I imagine it wasn't pre-worn.........................or was it???

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There were food tickets sold and pioneers got free tickets and each item was a certain number of tickets.

Then in 1989 when the literature went no cost, the food was on donation basis too.

Then in 1994, it changed to Bring your own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit