What Do You Think About New York City?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have been to the City hundreds of times. I’ve always loved the vitality of the city and no one could ever say that you could get bored in NYC. I regularly went for business during the day and in the evenings go to local bars and restaurants as well as the Village. I even felt relatively safe because of the abundance of police officers on every street.

Now, it looks like a very uninviting place where mayhem and crime is rampant.

What’s your take on New York New York??

• slimboyfat
  • minimus
    minimus

It’s like the Wild West with the defunding of police. My last visit was February last year just as something called Covid was being talked about. I have a feeling with so many businesses gone, the place will never be the same.☹️

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Shit hole and getting worse every day.

• LV101
    LV101

It's a goner unless new leadership takes over -- highly unlikely and rigged elections.

I love(d) NY. I felt so safe walking all over - police on every block (or so it seemed) and I'd walk everywhere. Love the great restaurants - we have quite a few of the famous ones here now but not the same as NY during it's safe and sound times. Loved the theatre, shopping, shopping, shopping, art museums. I loved the delis - bagels, Gus' pickles, Li-lac Chocolates, the hotels, the jewelry stores. No place like it but I also loved Chicago (another horror story now) which also had incredible restaurants and shopping on the Loop, theatre, magnificent Lake Michigan - so beautiful.

It's a sad situation.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The holy temple of Capitalism.

Its busy noisy and polluted just like most big cities and very expensive to live there.

Worth a visit once I think but I wouldn't want to live there.

• minimus
    minimus

City vs. country

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

"Always smells like sour milk." - Tim Pool

• LV101
    LV101

Folks fleeing from NY and California causing real estate prices to soar in NV, AZ - all of the southwest. Shortage of homes here.

NY is a nanny state.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

NYC turned into a shit hole back in the 70s and 80s. Under liberal Democrap leadership. It took the adults to take over I.E. Conservatives to make it a place that was worth a visit. Then the idiots went liberal again and cut the police, stop and frisk ect and pandered to Burn loot murder and now its a shit hole again. In the 70s it was called fear city.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit