So I woke up and Trump was president

by notalone 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    This is exactly how France and the U.K. got in the situations they are - Coldsteel

Germany and Sweden are in a self-made mess over mass immigration. The UK is not. We were never in the Schengen Zone. Our control of our borders should increase further with Brexit.

• flipper
    flipper

Notalone: Do I live in a country where so many are also under some weird mind control, or do their personal problems or ideals outweigh all else,or are people so distanced from others that they just don't care about their well-being ?

Pretty much. There are so many middle and lower class Republicans - talking to them reminds me of talking to witnesses. They have been promised a piece of the pie and they want it now.

It strikes me as totally cultlike the way their leader can do no wrong (and when he does it's because it's "smart" to get ahead by cheating. It's still cheating even if it's just this side of the law. Avoiding your fair share of taxes, not paying your employees and contractors, manipulating your creditors.

The racism and misogyny is really mind boggling. Boys will be boys. Those doggone blacks shouldn't complain - they are a lot better off than they used to be. No joke - I hear this crap.

Notalone, you may want to read up on the history of Fox news. My relatives have been soaking up that stuff for years. They believe that our problems in this country are caused by all the "welfare queens". That if they obediently accommodate the rich the money will "trickle down" to them (instead of flood over to offshore banks.)

It has been getting harder to make a living since the early 80s and people do become more selfish out of desperation. Survival instinct. Some cling to what was this country's mantra,that anyone can get ahead with hard work.

And most religions promote god's will being kind of like "manifest destiny". That those in power were put there by god. Works well for obedience to authority.

This election has got me more long winded than usual.

Mrs. Flipper

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Amen Mrs. Flipper.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    1. Trump is like a cult. He promised he can fix everything, he said he knows more than any general, don't trust anyone who not on his side, everything will be wonderful under his rulership and finally just trust him what do you have to lose. Being in the borg most of my life I could see what he was all about. It will not be to long from now you will see people going door to door selling "WatchTrump and AwakeTrump maz. showing us the only way to happiness. I know this sounds crazy but that is the biggest thing I see with this guy. I hope I am wrong. Still Totally ADD.
  • Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

To be honest you know it makes no sense that the Witnesses are so pro-Hillary when Trump would be far better off for them. Basically it was either electing a war monger (Hillary) or a slave driver (Trump). Not an easy one and I didn't vote because I like neither. But could someone really be worse than the Bush and Obama over the last 16 years and the trillions in debt we have? I guess we will see but whatever lol.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I really don't see the whole doom and gloom thing and the comparison of Trump to Hitler seems ridiculous. Then again, I do not typically vote along the Republican lines. I voted for Obama twice but there was no way in hell I'd vote for Clinton. The vote for Trump simply came down to him being anti-establishment, like Bernie Sanders, and Hillary screams establishment.

I mean, that woman had neo-cons such as George W Bush and Dick Cheney supporting her. If that does not scream, "I'm part of the establishment," I don't know what does.

• xelder
    xelder

I am more conservative, tired of status quo politicians overspending.

Happy to spend for effective education.

Happy to be rid of the Clintons.

Don't want government dictating personal decisions

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Village Idiot ยป With Trump we have a grossly pathetic excuse of a human being.

Well, let's not forget Hillary. Murder, corruption, witchcraft, pathological liar and lousy human being. I'm perfectly willing to admit the foibles of people, and Trump has plenty. But if I was going to leave my kid with one of the two, it would be Trump every time.

I was horribly offended with the infamous 2005 recording, but when it comes to swearing and vulgarity, again, Hillary leaves Trump in the dust. The other night, Hillary failed to concede the election and just went home, leaving her friends and supporters hanging. She had Podesta issue a poorly worded statement refusing to concede and left the premises in a state of rage and despair. Even when she called Trump to concede, she didn't notify the media, she left it to Trump. Anyone can understand why she would feel disappointed, but her feelings of entitlement, hatred (and actually they despised each other) and self absorption kept her from thinking of those who had supported her and worked so hard to elect her.

And that was sad.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I just wanted to give Hillary a hiatus so she could write her long-awaited "Secrets To Making Un-Dreamed-Of Profits With Cattle Futures" book.

I thought now that she is (thank goodness!) no longer "dead broke," she might be wiling to tell us how in 1978 and 1979 she engaged in a series of trades of cattle futures contracts, her initial $1,000 investment turning into nearly $100,000 when she stopped trading after ten months.

Maybe she will also tell us why, with such a MAGNIFICENT return-on-investment, she stopped cold with a mere $100,000.

I'll be watching AMAZON for her book to appear.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    We also faced tens if not hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees from war torn areas of the world with no way of vetting them.
    Uh... no.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states

Trump also never called Mexicans rapists (that was an invention of mainstream media).

That must be some amazing holographic technology the mainstream media has:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqn3V8EJVPg

I am sorry, but I can't give you the benefit of the doubt that you support Trump for acceptable reasons. Seems like you accept all of the lies from right-wing media and defend Trump like he was a cult leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit