So I woke up and Trump was president

by notalone 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• notalone
    notalone

O.K. So I live in the U.S. I had family that lived in Germany when Hitler came to power. I had family that was in London during the Blitz. Being raised as a witness I was obsessed with everything having to do with the rise of the Nazis. I had thought man had learned great lessons from this time.I thought man was now more educated, more enlightened. So what happened? I understand the anger at politicians but, honestly most of my life I was always on the outside looking in. What am I missing? I mean I was raised in a cult. I believed many things that from the outside looked ridiculous. Do I live in a country where so many are also under some weird mind control, or do their personal problems or ideals outweigh all else,or are people so distanced from others that they just don't care about their well-being ? Today, I am feeling dazed and a little numb. I know evil exists and is more common then we want to think but, I have met so many kind people since I left. What I've been personally experiencing seems so different from what has happened here. I am not debating ideas about which style of governing is best, I am just talking about humanity, kindness and respect..

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Warm congratulations today to the new president-elect from Vladamir Putin, and the French National Front.

No joke.

That actually happened.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

GrreatTeacher, can you provide a link?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's on Reuters. I'm trying to paste on my tablet and I'm having trouble.

I'm going to try again.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

http://bit.ly/2fE6iDj

I tried bitly link. It was too big before and it obscured the "Post Reply" box.

"French far-right leader Marine Le Pen congratulates Donald Trump"

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Putin Wonders if Trump Win is Too Good to be True"

http://bit.ly/2fE6q5T

This one from Bloomberg Business News. But, it's on every other major outlet, too, with a quick search.

Sorry, it appears I was unsuccessful with my bitly link magic this time. Maybe if you copy and paste the headlines into Google it will work.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Thanks GrreatTeacher. Got it.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Today, I am feeling dazed and a little numb. I know evil exists and is more common then we want to think but, I have met so many kind people since I left. What I've been personally experiencing seems so different from what has happened here. I am not debating ideas about which style of governing is best, I am just talking about humanity, kindness and respect..

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I felt vibrant and invigorated. With Hillary on the threshold of being President, I was greatly fearful of a war with Russia (newsflash: Putin wasn't joking when he tried to warn the West and the American media and Obama/Clinton treated him like a third-rate Muslim country. Our own military establishment was warning Obama and Clinton that Putin was dead serious, but neither was taking him serious.

We also faced tens if not hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees from war torn areas of the world with no way of vetting them. This is exactly how France and the U.K. got in the situations they are. Many refugees are fine people, but also many are not. Why is someone deemed hateful for advocating sound immigration policy? Trump also never called Mexicans rapists (that was an invention of mainstream media). He only wishes to enforce laws already on the books.

Finally, as far as I know, Trump has never had anyone killed. The Clintons have been very fortunate in having a sizable number of their enemies commit suicide, have fatal accidents, get beaten up or die in suspicious plane crashes. And having lived through Clinton I, I've seen enough lying, scandal and corruption to last me (not to mention living through George W. Bush).

Having studied a good deal about Hitler, I think you should have no problems making it a Trump administration. You might actually enjoy it.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

So I guess relations between Russia and France are already improving.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

notalone,

Today, I am feeling dazed and a little numb. I know evil exists and is more common then we want to think but, I have met so many kind people since I left. What I've been personally experiencing seems so different from what has happened here. I am not debating ideas about which style of governing is best, I am just talking about humanity, kindness and respect..

Cold Steel,

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I felt vibrant and invigorated.

I think it's obvious what notalone is thinking. With Putin we have a psychopath who has murdered at least 54 journalists who opposed him. With Trump we have a grossly pathetic excuse of a human being.

As for nuclear war Putin is, like Trump, the bullying type who would harass and threaten the smallest of nations as well as bluster others who are equal to him.

If you really had a concern about nuclear war you would have been of the opinion that Hillary Clinton should be convinced not to do whatever she was doing. Petitions and media coverage would have been two possibilities. Instead you chose a man of no integrity who is a bully and a moron.

Donald Trump is also a semi-incompetent businessman (a billion dollar loss on a project he was counseled not to take). Whatever money he had came from selling of his name on a dozen things from food to buildings on the grounds that his unmerited image would sell those items and edifices. All glitter, no substance whatsoever. Project that into his presidency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit