interview going viral

by inbetween09 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

there is apparently an interview being circulated among JW. Me and my PIMI wife got it several times. Its from some kind of TV station in US. Its very favourable and seems staged to me. I cant provide a link, it does not seem to work. Anyway the title is:

"The Morning Show with Aaron Michael Sanchez"

• waton
    waton

They crave desperately for recognition for their pathetic cult from the world they so despise and renounce.

• Listener
    Listener

This is the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCzahnTMp4

Plenty of comments from JWs

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

The newsman asked one question and the Uber Elder rambles on for three days. A highly suspected "staged" interview complete with video clips showing how fun and happyfying going the conventions are. Sorry, I couldn't watch the whole thing, gag me with a spoon.

• millie210
    millie210

Has the Org hired Sunshine Sachs?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is an 20 minute "infomercial" for JW's. There must be some JW connection at the station. In our Metro area there was a JW who worked for one of the TV stations and they would run PSA's (Public Service Announcements), basically a 60-second commercial, about the upcoming District Conventions when they were being held here.

Anyone who lives in the local area of this station should deluge them with calls and letters requesting they schedule another interview with the WT rep and discuss the recent CSA awards that are in the news. I think we all know what they'll get from that request. A letter that says "Jah's Org abhors Child Abuse."

And yes, it's going "viral" in JW Land. My elderly mother was all "GAGA" about it yesterday. However she did mention that he claimed that JW's did not call with the motive of "converting" people. (LIARS!) She too thought that was an outright lie. (I didn't watch it in it's entirety so I don't know if that comment was said here.)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    However she did mention that he claimed that JW's did not call with the motive of "converting" people.

Of course this is a lie. Why do they feel compelled to lie about their motive?

By contrast, Christians proudly proclaim that they would like for EVERYONE to convert, turn to Christ and be saved.

What a difference.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

JW's don't call with the intention of converting people? ... I remember in my younger years as a JW, I made that comment at the door, back in the car, the used to be elder (stepped down, probably the most reasonable man I knew in that congregation) corrected me and said that it was our purpose. Because so few, if any, respond in the door to door work, perhaps the mentality is not converting, but putting on notice ... You got your warning, you can die at Armageddon and I won't be blood guilty.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

On JWtalk they say the presenter's mom is a JW, and he used to be.one too.

• Listener
    Listener

The presenter states this at the start and also expresses how grateful he is at the comfort they are able to provide for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit