2016 Revised bethel visitors 'dress code' pamphlet?

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Does anybody have a digital copy of the revised bethel visitors 'dress code' pamphlet from this year?

Thanks.

• Watchtower-Free
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

without even looking at it, dress as inappropriately as possible? ie in the baking hot summers men are to be suited and booted and sisters should be a frumpy as possible?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

This family is no doubt spending their vacation visiting Bethell. Look at that poor little boy in a suit and tie. Think he would rather be in swim trunks and flippers at a water park having a real vacation?🏄

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They "lovingly" provide changing rooms now according to the letter that I heard read so that if you are not wearing the approved gunny sack dress to your cankles purchased at the local tent and awning surplus store, or a polyester suit three sizes to big you can change into the appropriate idiotic clothing mandated by the org. to visit their indoctrination compounds.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I kinda get the idea of a dress code while on tour. It's too restrictive but I don't have an issue with the general idea of a code.

But man, a dress code for being in a Bethelites room? When I was at Bethel, my room was my sanctuary. The one place where I could wear whatever the fuck I wanted to. Fuck that noise.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Don't have a problem with a code in general however this pretty much sends the message that if you don't have the money to have clothes to the measure of detail their showing then don't come.

That is not right. Many families particularly with little boys can't afford to put them in full suit and tie with dress shoes.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Hey Wassup FedUpJW!

They "lovingly" provide changing rooms now according to the letter that I heard

Note that this facility appears to be ONLY for the Warwick tours as its in the middle of nowhere. According to the letter 1 July 2016: Re: Information for Touring the World Headquarters at Warwick, New York

The Warwick facilities are located some 45 miles northwest of New York City at 1 Kings Drive, Tuxedo Park, New York 10987. Since the facilities are not accessible by public transportation, those who visit must provide their own transportation.

A multipurpose room near the main lobby will be available for the use of visitors who have brought their own lunch or who need a place to rest between tours. Outdoor pavilions will also be provided for this purpose, weather permitting. Changing rooms will be available near the visitor parking area so that those who have traveled long distances will have a place to change their clothing before or after touring.

The new Britain branch in Chelmsford is likewise in the middle of nowhere, 45 miles east of London and not accessible by public transportation - hopefully the Governing Body will be providing the same kind of facilities there too

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• steve2
    steve2

Speaking of changing rooms, it is "fitting" (get it?) that an organization that has no where to go is now located in the middle of nowhere for both the USA and UK branches.

• freddo
    freddo

Whitewashed graves is what they are. Fine looking on the outside but full of rotten bones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit