Governing Body perks

by Lostandfound 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

I had heard that GB members flew first class, does anyone know if this is so?

Also, bethel living accommodation, do they have same standard as all bethelites or do they get luxury quarters.

Same for cars, are they provided luxury cars as was once the case?

Or are they all sharing in the downsizing, who cooks for them, cleans and does laundry

At Warwick are special quarters being prepared for them or are they sharing the same provisions

Heard about a Rolex watch for "lett the beggar" will he and his 6 companions share the cutbacks, when on show.

Who does their management thinking as they are patently dyed ion the wool company men, who really "guides" the body?

• fulano
    fulano

1. Sometimes

2. Same standaards. I stayed for a few weeks in Barr's room, Patterson. Nothing special, rather poor have to say.

3. Not by the rule, unless family or friends provide. The ones I knew didn't care.

4. ...

5. ...

6. ... Rolex watch. Is that the end of the world ? I got a IWC from my brother when in MS. What to do, throw it away?

Forget all the stories about them that are told here. I mean look at their suits, shabby like borrowed from their bigger uncle.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I do know many of the older GB members shared rooms with other r&f.

But it's really not about the perks but rather the power they wield that can be intoxicating.

Kings have killed for much less.

• fulano
    fulano
    Spot on Tenacious, materialism is not their problem.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jack Barr was old school and a gentleman. The kind of GB member we imagined they all were.

I wouldn't be surprised if the some of the next generation GB take advantage. I can't imagine they'll be washing and cooking themselves. I just don't see it.

• fulano
    fulano

Washing and cooking? No GB member does that, should they? They have, most of them, wives and were and are under Bethel arrangement.

No laundry unless you wish to do so in the basement, breakfast, lunch at the table and supper up to you. Even on sundays we had buffet style cooked meals in the Bossert.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Aren't the new rules do your own washing and cooking? Make the wives do it all? What about unmarried GB?
  • fulano
    fulano
    SBF. I have to admit I don't know about the new arrangements, I was commenting with my experiences up to 2000.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I can't hardly see the GB doing their own cooking. Or such everyday mundane things as laundry.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I can't hardly see the GB doing their own cooking.

Maybe AM#3 can make them up some of those burnt hot dogs he was talking about when he was in Vietnam?

I wonder how everybody at Bethel is enjoying their assignments now that they have to work more picking up after themselves and if the rooms are looking like a real mess. It sure don't have the makings of a spiritual paradise any more. Will they have the same arrangement at Warwick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit