Can any JW answer "Yes" to this VERY simple question?:

by BoogerMan 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

You seem to be a fan of Jewish history, @KalebOutWest.

Does the name "Jew" really come from the name "Judah"? Maybe you can tell me more about what you know about Judah...

When Joseph first prophesied regarding his brothers bowing down before him, Judah did not believe that Joseph was a true prophet. Do you think that later on when Judah bowed to Joseph in Egypt that Judah believed?

What do you think this verse means...

Revelation 3:9

"Look! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews yet are not, but are lying—look! I will make them come and bow before your feet and make them know that I have loved you."

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

I'm not just a fan of Jewish history, this is my heritage.

Probably some of the best answers that I can give come from Martin Gilbert's Letters to Auntie Fori which, through their interchange tell the story about our Jewish heritage. And one of the best adaptations was recently released via Unpacked on YouTube. Here's the intro, with some of what you are looking for.

https://youtu.be/qN6VVEUlyeE

It goes on for several episodes, throughout the history of the Jewish people, from where we started, through the exile, the days of Jesus, and so forth. Unpacked is a great Jewish source.

It's kinda like going to Hebrew school--except without having to learn Hebrew and falling asleep...the falling asleep thing is pretty good come to think of it, as now that I'm an adult all I want is to take a nap and no one will let me.

But regardless of what you think of us Jews, it's a great place to start.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

(I thought Abu was just monkeying around.)

Oh, you shared a video. @KalebOutWest, since you have grown up in the Jewish faith and culture and since you know so much about being a Jew and since that is who you are through and through, I thought you might be able to just answer my questions from your heart without sharing a video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNM6cycJ6oo

"Does the name "Jew" really come from the name "Judah"? Maybe you can tell me more about what you know about Judah...

When Joseph first prophesied regarding his brothers bowing down before him, Judah did not believe that Joseph was a true prophet. Do you think that later on when Judah bowed to Joseph in Egypt that Judah believed?

What do you think this verse means...

Revelation 3:9

"Look! I will make those from the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews yet are not, but are lying—look! I will make them come and bow before your feet and make them know that I have loved you.""

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Israel's first name was Jacob.

Jacob is sometimes called "Jake" for short.

Here's another version of "Rawhide" by Jake that I prefer to that one in the Fievel Goes West...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

(Sometimes you've gotta play to the crowd when they get rowdy...😜)

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

@EasyPrompt:

Remember the saying, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, but teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime"?

My heartfelt answer is to lead you to go where you can find those answers from trustworthy, dependable sources. Who cares about my personal opinion? That "video" was produced by a group of professional scholars, teachers and rabbis who are experts on Judaism--they can answer the question best on what makes a Jew--and lead to further answers.

As to your final Scripture on Revelation 3:9, I don't know what you mean. All I can answer is have you never read Paul when he wrote: “Who are you to pass judgment on slaves of another? It is before their own lord that they stand or fall. And they will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make them stand.”--Romans 14:4.

And again:”Why do you pass judgment on your brother or sister? Or you, why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.”--Romans 14:10.

And again James when he wrote: “If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?”--James 4:11-12.

You're just upset that I posted a video that was relevant and you, who claimed you were an archeologist don't even know Arabic or Hebrew...are even making fun that I posted a relevant video. You are just acting like a big bully or even like a troll -- but why?

Can't you act more decent online?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"KalebOutWest said: @EasyPrompt:

Remember the saying, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, but teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime"?

My heartfelt answer is to lead you to go where you can find those answers from trustworthy, dependable sources. Who cares about my personal opinion? That "video" was produced by a group of professional scholars, teachers and rabbis who are experts on Judaism--they can answer the question best on what makes a Jew--and lead to further answers.

As to your final Scripture on Revelation 3:9, I don't know what you mean. All I can answer is have you never read Paul when he wrote: “Who are you to pass judgment on slaves of another? It is before their own lord that they stand or fall. And they will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make them stand.”--Romans 14:4.

And again:”Why do you pass judgment on your brother or sister? Or you, why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.”--Romans 14:10.

And again James when he wrote: “If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?”--James 4:11-12.

You're just upset that I posted a video that was relevant and you, who claimed you were an archeologist don't even know Arabic or Hebrew...are even making fun that I posted a relevant video. You are just acting like a big bully or even like troll -- but why?

Can't you act more decent online?"

I don't know what you're talking about, @KalebOutWest, I am not upset about anything. I commended you about being a fan of Jewish history, and then I commended you about knowing a lot about Jewish history because it's your culture, and then I asked for your expertise on something related to the scriptures. I didn't say anything bad about the video you posted, and just to show it I posted some videos I like too.

I think those are good scriptures you posted - it's a good idea not to judge people as bullies or trolls or when they are not bullies or trolls. If you feel I am not treating you decently, perhaps you could tell me what would make you feel more comfortable.🌷

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest
    EasyPrompt: If you feel I am not treating you decently, perhaps you could tell me what would make you feel more comfortable.🌷

I just did. Apparently you don't get it--or worse, you won't get it. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to explain it to you, but I am not the only one on this platform who has used to term "troll" in speaking about your behavior.

You, yourself, admit that you can seem "troll-like" on this thread:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6321585892360192/were-life-spans-patriarchs-just-allegory-astronomical-cycles

We had a very difficult time on it where you said horrible things about my Jewish heritage there repeatedly, using questionable words and language. You were very hateful and abusive, and you show no remorse even now.

I am not the one who invented the term "troll" for you on the thread either, and you admitting that you do indeed have a problem--enough has been proven. So you know your behavior even on this thread is getting out of hand.

So with my explanation given, you admitting you have a problem on other threads, others on these other threads noting your out-of-place behavior, I don't need to say anymore.

If you need others to explain it to you, I am sure they will. I feel any other words from me or any other time used here by me with you would be a waste.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I'm certain they will be delighted to learn of this wonderful piece of Bible trivia."

I am so tired of people trying to prove for or against the FDS.

Just live your life. Or as Shatner said "Get a life".

The FDS nor the apostles are our bosses.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt
    "The FDS nor the apostles are our bosses."

You are right, @Rattigan...so good we don't have to act like this with any human...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaqrPpdQYc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit