A problem for believers

by Bugbear 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How stupid to believe that only you have the wisdom of God….!

But its not stupid if in doing so I'm cultivating power and control over others

and if I also commercialize my endeavors I can cultivate money. $$$

Even if I have been proven not inline with god's spiritual force , what are the consequences that I have to endure.?

I certainly don't have to give back the money given to me or get prosecuted in court of law for deceiving and lying to people.

Its really a sin that bares little foreboding consequences, so why stop it and lose what I have achieved ?

• tepidpoultry
  • tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Bugbear

Facetiously speaking,

They have proved themselves right to 8 million

HONEST HEARTED ones

Problem is you're not, you know, HONEST HEARTED

Jehovah only draws the HONEST HEARTED ones

You HEATHEN!

I'm joking of course

But this how they think

Most who come to your door would have no idea how to talk to you

They would be gone after about one minute

:0)

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.” ― Susan B. Anthony.

• the-Question
  • the-Question
    the-Question

"I worship Flying Spaghetti Monster"

Eaten by the Rolling Lasagna Creature....

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Hey

No more imaginarys to worship!!

Wonderful!

See,

I was ready to let go

Your turn

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

@Bugbear,

Jewish theology teaches that all peoples and cultures have been set in place by the great "Cause" of the universe. Our cosmology in the Tanakh was written in very ancient mythological narratives, using language that is a "snapshot" of the ancient past. Today Jews reinterpret this "God gave us this land" as meaning that our culture plays the part every other one does in the fabric of society.

This is not to say we don't have our literalists. Unfortunately, the current state of Israel is under the control of a party that believes in Biblical literalism, and this is causing all the great problems we are currently experiencing in Israel today. While Zionism itself has been secular since its inception, not to mention that Judaism has traditionally seen the Biblical texts as allegorical or religious takes on history, since the end of the Shoah and the Return, and more specifically the outcome of the Six-Day War, some Orthodox rabbis have been adopting a political hermeneutic that mirrors Christian Fundamentalism.

Since the God "concept" in Judaism stands for the Great Cause of the universe, whether that be the laws which govern the cosmos or the inescapable march of time (or even something closer to the Christian explanation of God--which most Jews would claim "unlikely" if not heretical), each people, ethnic group, family, and person is seen to fit the purpose for which the Great Cause has caused it into being. The land of Israel is no more or less the land of those who claim it than history will eventually show it as being.

• Finkelstein
  • tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Thank you Richard

And Fink (I like Fink but if you don't it'll be Finkelstein :0)

He's quite the thinking man

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit