question/s for the PIMO

by enoughisenough 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

An Elder said to me once, as he and I went together in F.S. "Let's only use the Bible today, no mags or anything". I thought it a great idea, having been aware all my J.W life that the teachings we were supposed to impart from the org. were not Biblical in the main. I did that from then on , as a person who was already somewhat PIMO.

One lady I called on said "I like you coming round to tell me about the Bible, but I can't stand those Jehovah's Witnesses" !! Said it all.

My J.W parents taught me to be a Lover of Truth, even if what they believed was not truth, and eventually when I realised the extent of the error made by the org. in Doctrine, I could not remain in. I walked away, regardless of what I may lose, as my conscience forced me to.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Phizzy - I remember getting the Bible out and showing a man various scriptures. He was very interested and invited us in. He did not realise we were Witnesses because we actually were using the Bible! When he understood, he explained why he did not like the Witnesses. It was because his aunt had been a cruelly beaten wife and nothing had been done about it.

It was only later I found out that wife-beating had gone on in the congregation I had been part of. An elder had been beating his wife. This is why you have to leave in the end. If you stay in you are not associating with Christians but with people who are turning a blind-eye to all sorts of wrong doing. Decent people cannot assist with such a cover-up.

In the congregation, you are expected to keep quiet and told the elders are the ones appointed to deal with the matter. These sorts of things are hidden from the new-comer.

Also how many knew of the massive child abuse cover up? Are congregation members allowed to speak about it now? This sister was disfellowshipped in 2019 for simply mentioning the child abuse cover up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqoSR4ZdKPU

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

@Smiles - You make some interesting points, from an ethical perspective; but why the scriptures strategically plugged in throughout your paragraphs? It reads a bit like a WT study article.

Do you expect the forum to sit down and bible study the verse citations while we read your post?

Are you POMI?

A POMI? No, I was disfellowshipped some years ago. With all questions they fired at me, it was disbelief in 1914 that pulled the trigger. But leaving never meant I wanted to stop believing in the scriptures. With study, I deepened my belief. Wt. doesn’t have the corner on the word of God; really, it never has; but it certainly has slandered it with doctrine of men. So, since this is a forum where JWs may come and go, I use God’s word to refute the organization’s lies. Whether one wants to read a scripture I may post, is up them. I have no expectations.

“…God must be true, even though all human beings are liars. As the scripture says,

‘You must be shown to be right when you speak;
    you must win your case when you are being tried.’” Rom 3:4

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I watched the video about the woman who was DF without proper meetings and notice. When I was thinking about just fading slowly, I also thought that sooner or later they would be showing up trying to "snatch me from a perceived fire." , so I decided to make if official...others have a more complicated situation than I did...( and whereas the sister in the video didn't seem to be "talking out of school" to others, I was vocal about the scriptures that were being twisted to support the vaxx. ( in fact, within a couple of months before I wrote my letter, a couple of elders did call me to "get to know me better"....I felt like why now after over 10 years.)

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

She went out, the entire family (extended and all) left plus non-jws who had been contributing for sake of deceased family members withdrew funds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit