question/s for the PIMO

by enoughisenough 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    To maintain the facade of being a JW, when doing the ministry, are you not advocating for the GB? The Bible studies, after all are to get people to understand they can't gain life without the "faithful slave" ( you have to be baptized as JW to survive) .How does it make you feel? If you are parroting an answer in a paragraph that you know is wrong, how does it make you feel?( or if you just keep your mouth shut about it) If you are giving a talk, and you know the Bible is being misrepresented, how does it make you feel? ( I saw a video of a brother who commented pointing out something that wasn't right in the WT study...the Elders pounced on him -he in essence spoke against the GB...it didn't matter that what he said was correct which could be seen from a direct Bible quote ) How does it make you feel to know that in not pointing out the falsehoods and blasphemy that you are helping to keep others captive?
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Exactly. Guilt by association. Anyone honest has to speak up and get out.

I have sympathy for those with family members still-in. They are somewhat trapped. But somehow, even if you are trapped you have got to break open that trap and get out.

• joao
    joao

I got out because I can't lie and associate with people who lie and don't care about the truth. Anyway, I still feel like a prisoner because my wife, my daughter and mother-in-law are still in... It's hard to withstand good family relationships because the main purpose of many WT rules is to destroy families in which there's someone who asks too many questions.

All the best for you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I became PIMO, I used to say I was 'going on calls(tm)' and bugger off to a mate's gaff.

No way could I spread the 'good news of the kingdumb(tm)'.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Joao - from well behind the scenes I found out this.

A fine man left many years ago because he knew WT was a pack of lies. His wife remained in and developed close friendships with power-elder wives. For whatever reason, she was given a part on the platform at a convention giving her experience. From that platform, she said of her husband that he was apostate. So she blackened his reputation. But even some listening knew better and were shocked to hear her say such things.

I don't know whether her husband claimed to be Christian. I suspect so. But I do know that his reputation was that of a thoroughly decent man.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

... preaching alone ... was the best ... and fastly I stop preaching ...

For Biblical Study I used verse only when it's appropriate , and always , in subtle contradiction with

GB déclaration ... for example Job 26:7 when JW says bible was scientificaly right , I job 26 from begining

and explain , we cannot go further that the text itself ...

I feel sometimes coward ... but after seeing Geoffrey Jackson with CRA , or Gerrit Lösch with the Lopez Case in USA ... I feel better ... they are worse than me :)

Very quickly I had neither reading, nor subject to the KH... and obviously that is enough for them ... and I live my life :)

My Wife was the only person I want to free ... but ... she won't ( for personnal reason linked with her trauma, she was a victim of pedophile JW :( ...

Now I free my Daughter , and continue with my Son ...

I realized that , I'm not strong enough to save everybody ... so I do what I can , and what is important for me

Best Regards

• waton
    waton
    How does it make you feel?

enough i.e. It depends on how far you are out and how deep still in. remember that Joseph Jeremiah and Jesus were stuck "in" until their opportunities ended. They stayed in to observe how the system entangled itself ever deeper in the wrong way, and missed the opportunities to emerge from error. here the same way in the local congregation. so, keep an up mood like in this melody.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXvuwEmdSM

smile and enJoy.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I'll tell you how it made me feel...If I talked to someone about the Bible, I didn't direct them to the organization. I was doing zoom, but got to the point where I just couldn't listen to all of that propaganda...but I didn't want people to think I was totally out ( I wasn't well thought of anyway because I had been diligent about posting anti vx on FB. and some had complained to the point a an elder told a sister who was my friend to have me to quit posting the stuff, but the sister told him she agreed with me. It was also brought to my attention that when we returned to meetings I should be careful what I said among the friends or I might be invited to the back room ) So I was on zoom, but not...I would login and show my face, take down the camera, turn down the sound and go about my business, but come back in a while and hold up my hand, and go back about my business. I didn't like myself. My best friend was a pioneer and she would talk about some of her studies just not seeming to want the truth--I had to comment to her in such a way so as not to tip my hand so to speak, so I felt I was being totally dishonest with her---so I outed myself, because I didn't like playing false to any of it. I fought that, I will confess...I looked for reasons to believe, reasons to excuse, reasons to stay in. It is hard to admit to yourself you were gullible for 50 years!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    nuffy - It is hard to admit to yourself you were gullible for 50 years!

This is the same in my case.

When I was a PIMO, I still believed in God and all that jazz. I used to listen to sermons online from churches on sermonaudio.com.

When I answered(tm) at the meetings based on the bible reading(tm), I'd used what I heard from those sermons. Some of the Jobots used to tell me that my answers were great. One Elder(tm) shook his head once, when I answered. I laughed up my sleeve because I'd touched a nerve without going against the GB(tm).

I didn't go back after the 2010 CONvention that introduced the hilarious 'overlapping(tm)' generations.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The Magic Circle exists because clever magicians exist. What they do is fool those not in the know, so as to make a living. Anyone taken in by them is not necessarily gullible but cannot enter the mindset of people who would work SO HARD to con others by pulling the wool over their eyes. An amusing joke when it is only entertainment. My view for may years was 'maybe they mean well but don't understand they are wrong.' Even when Ray Franz himself wrote to me and gently sought to correct me, I was still inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But WT leaders knew they were conning us and Watchtower's false teachings (like magic tricks with word and crafty social engineering) are not entertainment, they are death-dealing blasphemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit