ISIS Want to Clear up Why They Do Terrorism

by cofty 50 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Every time ISIS commit one of their atrocities, well-meaning folks mumble self-loathing apologies on behalf of "the west".

Noam Chomsky and his sort lead a chorus of masochistic confessions. Apparently everybody is to blame for Islamic terrorism (according to Bill Nye global warming causes ISIS) - apart from Islamic terrorists of course.

ISIS publish a regular magazine for its followers called Dabiq (far more professional than the Watchtower) and issue number 15 has just been released. Among this month's articles is "Why We Hate You, and Why We Fight You".

The debate between the regressive left and better informed commentators such as Sam Harris, Maajid Nawaz, Douglas Murray and others, is now settled beyond all doubt. ISIS hate us because we are not Muslims and they are not going to stop hating us and murdering us until we are.

Here are a few extracts from the article that can be downloaded in full here...

1 - We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers;

2 - We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited while banning many of the things He has permitted

3 - In the case of the atheist fringe, we hate you and wage war against you because you disbelieve in the existence of your Lord and Creator.

4 - We hate you for your crimes against Islam and wage war against you to punish you for your transgressions against our religion. As long as your subjects continue to mock our faith, insult the prophets of Allah – including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad – burn the Quran, and openly vilify the laws of the Shari’ah, we will continue to retaliate, not with slogans and placards, but with bullets and knives.

5 - We hate you for your crimes against the Muslims; your drones and fighter jets bomb, kill, and maim our people around the world, and your puppets in the usurped lands of the Muslims oppress, torture, and wage war against anyone who calls to the truth.

6 - We hate you for invading our lands

What’s important to understand here is that although some might argue that your foreign policies are the extent of what drives our hatred, this particular reason for hating you is secondary, hence the reason we addressed it at the end of the above list. The fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam. Even if you were to pay jizyah and live under the authority of Islam in humiliation, we would continue to hate you.

You can continue to believe that those “despicable terrorists” hate you because of your lattes and your Timberlands, and continue spending ridiculous amounts of money to try to prevail in an unwinnable war, or you can accept reality and recognize that we will never stop hating you until you embrace Islam...

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Hmm... certainly that is what they publish. Asking an honest question though... Would you really say that all JWs view worldly people they way they do solely and only because the WT says so or is there a component of their own experience with the world that may be re affirmed by WT rhetoric? What if that component was removed and the only thing they are left with is WT ideology?

I have a hard time accepting that, while the ideology you present is surely well documented, 100% of Muslims who are today engaged on what they perceive as holy war, would fight as hard as they do today if conditions for them would change. I am sure there are many nut jobs that would endure until their own end but I still believe that such are the minority.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

On the joking side... Are you not afraid you are going to get on a no-fly list for downloading this material? :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Robert 18 posted 2 days ago "what will happen when they go full cult mode".

Case in point, there will be some hard core members that will hunt us (XJW's) down and stone us.

• cofty
    cofty
    Would you really say that all JWs view worldly people they way they do solely and only because the WT says so or is there a component of their own experience with the world that may be re affirmed by WT rhetoric?

I would say that all JWs have a negative view of non-JWs entirely because of WT rhetoric. The first thing most ex-JWs discover on waking up is that they are surrounded by decent people.

PS I'm in the UK; we don't have "no fly lists".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The question is not "do terrorists give religious motivations for their actions?" (Obviously they do, no one deputes this)

The question is "were it not for western wars in the Middle East would there be more or less terrorism?"

I've never anywhere seen Chomsky dispute that terrorists often give religious reasons for their violence, just as I've never seen a good argument for believing that more western wars in the Middle East reduces terrorism.

People who favour war and incomprehension are determined to avoid the second question, and pretend the first question is even a significant point of debate.

• cofty
    cofty
    The question is "were it not for western wars in the Middle East would there be more or less terrorism?"

It would make no difference to ISIS.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Again you are asking the wrong question.

Would ISIS even exist if it wasn't for the Iraq War?

• cofty
    cofty
    Would ISIS even exist if it wasn't for the Iraq War?

Sooner or later, in some form, with the same objectives and tactics - yes.

• Saename
    Saename
    cofty - Sooner or later, in some form, with the same objectives and tactics - yes.

I would have to agree. It wouldn't exist in the same form as ISIS does today; nonetheless, Qu'ran encourages—not only allows—such possibility of holy war, and I strongly believe that sooner or later some fundamentalist followers would create an organisation similar to a degree.

Obviously, I am not saying that all or even most Muslims would embrace violence against non-Muslims. I am pointing out the fact that within every single religion there are fundamentalists who go to extremes, even if they are a minority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit