Profanity on Surrey Kingdom Hall

by lssjr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• titch
    titch

Well, whatever was written---spray-painted---on private property---for whatever reason---I'll call it for what it is Criminal vandalism. Best Regards, Everyone.

Titch.

• skin
    skin
    They have been directed by their New York Headquarters (since last year shortly after the start of the pandemic) to send letters to only people they know.

Is that correct?

• Simon
    Simon
    The person who did this was most likely harassed by JWs ...

Stop trying to excuse criminal vandalism.

It is no effort to politely say "no thank you, I'm not interested" to anyone who calls at your house.

You do not have the right to go an vandalize property just because someone called.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Didn't the hall have security cameras? I thought most of them did?

Wasn't vandalism, specifically broken windows, the reason that they stopped building halls with windows and the window-free version became popular?

I guess they didn't realize that people could still spray paint the place up.

I've always wondered why they really built windowless boxes. It certainly kills the resale value. Maybe they weren't worried about that back in the 80s and 90s.

• lssjr
    lssjr

It is no effort to politely say "no thank you, I'm not interested" to anyone who calls at your house.

You do not have the right to go an vandalize property just because someone called.

Please read the OP carefully : Persons are getting either phone calls or letters from JWs during the pandemic. No one was calling on houses.

While I do not "
    criminal vandalism", I used the word "harassed" to mean that persons were receiving unsolicited letters and phone calls on multiple occasions from Jehovah's Witnesses, some of whom cannot take "No, i'm not interested", as a non-vulgar, decent reply.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This wasn't someone annoyed at being called. No one is that bothered.

It's probably just kids up to no good. Look at the grammar, for one.

• lssjr
    lssjr
    They have been directed by their New York Headquarters (since last year shortly after the start of the pandemic) to send letters to only people they know.

Yes - see paragraph 7 in the June 4, 2020 letter below (available on
    avoidjw.org)

• Corney
    Corney

lssjr

Perhaps it would surprise you to learn that not every unsolicited, unwelcome or even annoying contact constitutes harassment.

And RCMP believes the same guy probably also vandalised a school; is it also guilty of harassing him?

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

It is definitelty criminal vandalism. It isn't Grafitti, which is an artform and in which the artists either tag their work or use distinctive style. There is clearly no style and the person doesn't want to be known by their work.

But... I didn't know that JWs are only allowed to call and write to people they know. Most JWs aren't supposed to know non-JWs well enough to know their phone numbers and addresses. So, does that mean they are just calling on each other? If I were still in, I would probably call and write to every witness I knew every week and count the time since that is what they are being instructed to do. But you can't grow numbers by advertising to yourselves. Could COVID be how the organization goes down? If they are only witnessing to people they know, then they won't grow. If they are only witnessing to each other, then they will annoy the crap out of themselves. That would be hilarious if that was what it took to bring down the org.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If you're going to make a graffiti, why not actually communicate something meaningful. Like:

• "My mom is shunning me!"
    • "My friend died by refusing blood"
    • "You forgave my molester and disfellowshipped me!"
    • "Your 1914 generation prophecy was changed when they died."
    • "You baptize children and break families apart."
    • "Your women can't divorce violent husbands!"
    • "You don't report the pedophiles you disfellowship!"
    • "You don't tolerate free speech within your ranks"
    • "Your man made rules are thicker than the bible!"
    • "Spirit directed inspired. Why same authority for your leaders?"
    • "If God destroys all non-JW (99.99% of the world), does he still love the "world"? "
    • "Preaching a lie across the world in 230 languages doesn't make it true"
    • "Christianity did plenty of "preaching works"! They're now 2 billion !!"
    • "You have religious titles: Elder, Overseer, Pioneer, GB member, etc."
    • "You have monasteries you call bethel!"
    • "You mislead people with emotional videos!"
    • When did Jesus preach about "Construction projects"?
    • Which family was preaching door to door in the bible?

I personally wouldn't tag their hall though. I'd prefer to print out papers and distribute that on their car windshield if I could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit