Anybody else see KH sales lagging?

by careful 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• careful
    careful

There is a large KH in my area, a nice neighbourhood, that has been up for sale for well over a year now. The old cong that used to go there travels miles to go to their reassigned hall. I swing by the old one now and then to see if anyone has bought it. This week I saw about 8-10 cars in the lot, mid-morning weekday. The lights were out, so I figured they're still using it for FS meetings.

I saw too that the parking lot behind it is getting full of uncut weeds springing up in the cracks in the pavement, hardly a successful strategy for a sale.

Has anyone else seen them having problems selling KHs they want to dump?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

There are several former halls in my area that have been up for sale for some time now.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Idiocy at its finest .the former cong. Can still meet there for service and is still expected to maintain the grounds until the property sells.

• LV101
    LV101

I hope they become worthless in value other than the fact of compensating the thousands of victims' lawsuits.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Kingdom Halls are not easy to sell. If a church wants to buy it there’s special financing involved if they want a loan, these loans are not easy to get. Of course the building could always be used for something else but again how many businesses want a building with this kind of lay out? Not many. It’s not uncommon for a church for sale or a building like this to be for sale more then a year.

• LV101
    LV101

CG2 - interesting info/thanks. Cult probably doesn't care if it sits - money for nuthin' and they've plenty of minions to maintain it in the interim. What a business model.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

As other posters have referenced, the size, layout, and semi-residential style of most KHs limit the pool of buyers. In my experience, they usually end up being sold to either another church, or to a day-care center or a medical office. In general, though, commercial property takes much longer to find a buyer than residential.

I'm sure that came into play when they came up with the new design a few years ago. The typical "retail box store" design would appeal to a much broader set of potential buyers.

• LV101
    LV101

Seems many of the old halls around here were in residential areas. The new box-type is in commercial/residential area. Guess they're stepping up the real estate game.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Having been a realtor for over 22 years I can tell you that what is holding up the sell on most these buildings is the zoning. Very few types of businesses will fit into the zoning that most KHs are in.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Crazyguy2 - "...the building could always be used for something else but again how many businesses want a building with this kind of lay out? Not many..."

Local community halls?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit