Unfaithful spouse

by Worstfear 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Worstfear
    Worstfear

My wife and i have been together for 12 years. Married for 6. She was born into the truth, I studied for 2 years before we got married. We Would attend meetings on a weekly basis, go to conventions, and memorial every year. She was always so level headed and sincere; however, a couple months back I found some text on her phone from someone we conducted business with (family business) these text were something that shook me to the core. It was a wealthy worldly person coming onto my wife and she was engaging. I waited for a couple days before confronting her ( text kept coming during this waiting period) when I confronted her she left the house, I then left to console family on what I saw. When I came back she had cleared out the family dogs. The next day she filed for divorce. I was even more in shock and sick to my stomach... how could this be I knew my wife for 1/2 my life. We ended up in court and she admitted to sleeping with this man, but states it wasn’t until after she filed for divorce. Pa is a no fault state which is neither here nor there. I told her she broke Jehovah’s martial arrangement, she told me we were separated when this happened and if I contact the elders she’s going to use it as harassment. I don’t know what to do. I have since left my home and my wife who we are still married has a man sleeping in my home.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Sorry to hear that worstfear. Protect yourself, love yourself ..... get a vision and move on. You are worth it. You will figure out where the wheels came off in time. Do not punish yourself..... get some counseling and get a vision and move on.

You will heal.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    It was a wealthy worldly person coming onto my wife and she was engaging.

Hypergamy.

Do you just "file for divorce the next day", as if you might wake up and get a coffee? Sounds like she had a plan. She has been cultivating this monkey branch for some time.

• Worstfear
    Worstfear

We just got done building our home 2 months before this happened too.

• waton
    waton

consider it a blessing to be rid of the thing.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Imagine if you had kids.

If it were me, I would make sure I got her name off of any assets she might share with me.

Sell the house while prices are high.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The offender just gone off on a "fling", I've seen it before. They did not work at the relationship, they probably won't work on their next one either. Short-term fancy over long term stability. Both men and women get sucked up into affairs like this. Seen a work colleague completely breakdown when it happened to him, left standing bemused / confused.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I wish you all the best. Take care!

G.

• jhine
    jhine

What Sea Breeze said .

It is so sad to hear of a relationship breaking down , but there is a life ahead of you .

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to the forum Worstfear ,though not under the best circumstances. She has done the dirty on you ,so don`t let her take you for a ride.Protect your assets and throw her under the bus JW wise .Make sure the Elders know it was her who brought reproach on Jehovahs Organization .It`s no time or place to be sentimental or "christian" you know what I mean ,don`t turn the other cheek.

I hope there are no children involved .

Make sure you take care of yourself mentally as it can be a harrowing experience , I`ve seen my youngest son go through this same scenario,I know you must be devastated .

Take care ,I wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit