JW MATCH——Is this an acceptable site for JWs?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

How does Watchtower.org feel about this site for Jehovah’s Witnesses who want to find a partner?

• stillin
    stillin

As long as a sister finds somebody who is an MS or higher, anything goes

• Giordano
    Giordano

Oddly enough I think it would be a good thing. You can cover so much ground with a person online then in a chaperoned meet up. Get to know one another.... talk about people in common etc.etc.

When I first met my wife, some five and a half decades ago, we corresponded by letter. Neither of us..... me a pioneer where the need was great and her still in high school had phones and with PA winters trying to link up standing in below zero winter weather in phone booths (if you were lucky enough to find one in walking distance....the letter became our private communication. We did get to know one another and it made it easier to meet at our respective hall or in groups.

• minimus
    minimus

Still does the Organization find this venue acceptable??

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It is used by jw's here in Holland.

G.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Still does the Organization find this venue acceptable??

*** w06 3/1 p. 24 par. 9 “Keep Your Senses Completely” ***
    Internet Web sites designed to help single individuals find a marriage partner are becoming popular. Some view these as a way to get to know people whom they would not otherwise meet. However, blindly entering into a relationship with a stranger involves real dangers. On the Internet, it can be difficult to distinguish fact from fiction. (Psalm 26:4) Not everyone who claims to be a servant of Jehovah really is. Moreover, with online dating, a strong attachment can develop quickly, and that can distort one’s judgment. (Proverbs 28:26) Whether via the Internet or by some other means, it is unwise to cultivate a close relationship with a person whom one knows very little about.

A circuit overseer asked the question, "What web sites, other than jay doubleyou dot org, are approved of by the governing body?" His answer, "NONE!"

The local PO/COBE says he would not be surprised to see a directive from the g.b. stating that two people can only date after they have been approved to do so by respective elder bodies. Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to ratcheting down the control screws on JW's.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

It’s not run by JWs. It’s a ... wait for it... “worldly” site who have realised there’s a market to be made with hooking up JWs.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

@ Minimus: There were many comments within NYC and other cities that WT really doesn't want the R&F to even utilize any JW dating site. As a matter of fact, there was a JW Broadcasting video approximately 2-3 years ago in which a single sister was searching/praying for a marriage mate and lamented that the Borg has explicitly warned against sites like these. Also, there was another dating site (the name escapes me right now) that was shut down due to the Borg putting pressure on the moderators of that particular site plus any JDub going to enroll on it.

Furthermore, some of my family members knew of four (4) couples who met, got engaged and eventually married via JW Match and the other site that was shut down. However, due to their finding love and marriage by way of this method, these couples, very unfortunately, were shunned by a number of JWs within their congregations and circuits. It seems like the path one uses to find love and marriage within this organization counts a great deal to others who should not have anything to do with one's personal choice!

Again, another stupid-a$$ stipulation by the H8teful Eight!

• zeb
    zeb

At one of the last conventions I suffered the dating sites were heavily criticised. It came across that the wt was threatened by any other org.

• stillin
    stillin

I remember at an International Assembly in Ciccinatti there was a spot at the end of a corridor where there were at least 50 pieces of paper taped up of ones looking for love. People were writing down phone numbers etc. How it managed to stay on the wall to that extent surprised me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit