How Religious Fundamentalism Hijacks The Brain- Psychology Today

by Brokeback Watchtower 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Brain shrinkage is not a good thing it happens but you want to slow it down to improve the quality of your life, the older you get the harder it gets to change ones thinking especially after many hours listening someone rattle about an invisible deity and what really ticks him off, and you got to warn the wicked or be blood guilty bull shit 5 hours a week to keep up your spiritual strength.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think Newtonian has a point worth discussing,in this sense.

Religious fundamentalism and cult thinking can be veiwed as a mental illness according to prof Kathhleen Taylor. So in the same way the Biblical doctrine that beating ones children could be veiwed as a mental illness, too.

But which doctrines ARE to be veiwed this way, and which not?

Newtonians Christian neutrality, or pacifist idea? Should that be veiwed as a mental illness?

Or the idea that man has DOMINION over the animals, one of THE most harmful doctrinres ever, is that a mental illness?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just to say thank you Brokeback Watchtower for the post and the video, very interesting. I love D,Dennett, although I disagree with him that we have free will to a certain extent. I do not think we do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit