Dear Jehova's Witnesses I have a question about your views in evolution.

by Deimos_Sec 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deimos_Sec
    Deimos_Sec

I have been wondering why your organization cannot accept evolution? (when i say "cannot accept" I mean: You see it as anti Christian) The reason I'm so curious about this is because by putting this here i hope to get smarter answers than I usually get, and also because you don't seem to put things like quantum theory, string theory, under the "evil scary scientific stuff label", also many religions have accepted evolution as most likely possible, or as something that is ok to believe since god could have used evolution to create mankind, in fact evolution isn't a "religion" and automatically doesn't get you labeled as an atheist, unless you are talking to the wrong person. I am by no means trying to make you believe in evolution, I will respect you views, I believe every man has free will, well it kind of says it in the bible

Answers I consider INVALID:

- Go read our blue book (Life_How did it get here? Evolution or Creation?)^

- Probabilities using numbers. Trust me there is tons of stars in our galaxy and even more in the known universe, any possibility is real

- Because the bible says so, unless the bible actually states somewhere I might have missed that you should not listen to scientific reason then by all means post ahead, that would be very intriguing.

- Is a lie perpetrated by the satanic media (I don't really know how many times Ive heard this or something along those lines without further explanation) Science tries to explain things and question everything.

-Scientific studies have always been altered and some bones have even been faked.

-Nothing from your own publications unless it is referring to a study done in the past (refer to the valid answers)

-

Answers I would Consider VALID:

- Scientific papers, studies, hard evidence, not something you just imagined, lets follow the scientific method here, show me data, then I will pay attention (you cant disprove a scientific theory without using science yourself). There is one that could help you and it was in your "Blue book, look above^" , but i cant remember the name of the experiment, be kind and refresh me.

-Studies, done by yourself, or by friends. I don't expect this one, but maybe there is a biologist here, or someone who is friends with one, that would be really interesting.

Remember this: No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong_ Albert Einstein.

Evolution has NOT been disproved YET, or it wouldn't be a theory, it would be history. A theory is something that has many facts to back it up but it still has a few holes that need to be filled, if one of those holes is never filled, or a previously filled hole is proven wrong, the theory dies. I am not asking you to disprove it, Im asking you to do your best.

• bohm
    bohm
    I think you are going to have a hard time drumming up someone here who does not believe in evolution and has a reasoned argument...
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have been wondering why your organization cannot accept evolution?

..Are You Crazy?.. We`d Lose All Our........................Knock On Doors..

................JehoBot Witnesses........................WE MUST KNOCK ON DOORS!..

.....Image result for JW.org Broadcasting..........Image result for robot businessman

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Basically, Evolution debunks the Judeo/Christian Bible narrative of God.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JWs believe in creation.

"In the beginning, God created......"

How about reading up on it at JW.org to get the real JW story about their beliefs, instead of coming here to disgruntled cyber-land?!

DY🙂

• Deimos_Sec
    Deimos_Sec
    You misunderstand me, I have read up on what they believe, but what you fall short on is that, In the beginning god created.... Doesnt mean anything, in fact if you would have read my "useless wall of text" you would have spotted the fact that many religions that believe... In the beginning god created... are actually accepting evolution. I am trying to be polite.
  • cofty
    cofty

DS - The forum is mainly made up of ex-JWs.

Sadly a few still hold on to creationism but some of us are trying to help them with that.

Here is part 35 of my series, see the links at the end of the OP for parts 1-34..

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The fundamentalist reasoning of The Jehovah's witnesses are based on ignorance. You might as well be asking questions to a rock.
  • freddo
    freddo

@Deimos_Sec

Okay I'll spell it out ... (cups hands and shouts) "This forum has very few who believe and want to defend Jehovah's Witness doctrine."

It is like going to Cambridge University and saying "I believe Cambridge University is better than Oxford University." You will get little contrary opinion and you will get much agreement.

You will also get "Who cares?"

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well reasoned DS! and Welcome to this forum.

Unfortunately the JW construct is based on a number of factors. #1. You can ask a question but you may not get an answer especially if it's not mentioned in the bible and if it is then the bible is right not science.

#2 Don't do research as there's no point in reading up on stuff we (The Society) have already debunked. And we are always right even when we are wrong.

#3 the only thing we need you to do is to attend, knock on doors and put some of your hard earned money in the donation box. In return you can associate with mental dullards who are intolerant of anyone who doesn't believe in what we tell them to believe.

#4 Join us and You will be a part of that great class of people............ the Rank and File. A group who is proud to use rational ignorance so they can remain in good standing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit