Knocking on schoolmates doors

by BettyHumpter 10 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't mind confirming to someone that I was one of Jehovah's witnesses but I did not consider it an opening to convert them. I never really did anything at school to avoid it. I hung out with 4 other non-jw girls and we called ourselves the "Bible Girls" because we talked about the bible at lunch almost everyday, not trying to convert each other though. When I was in high school, there were no pledges said (my schoolmates called it baby stuff), but at programs for the whole school, there was a pledge allegiance said. I had permission from the principal to stay out in the hallway until it was over and come in and sit down. One teacher decided that I could not do that and made me sit with my homeroom group. They knew I as a jw and did not stand and understood what the teacher was trying to do. So when the flag came down the aisle, everyone stood up except my homeroom group. 25 students sitting. The principal gave the teacher a stern warning never to do that again. Because of that, when I was at a door of a classmate (I was well known by then throughout the school), they were interested in listening and I did not give the canned presentation. My experience may be unusual, but I never had some classmate be mean to me because of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit