Why Are You Here?

by Believer 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

OP ...... But why are you here? What do you get out of this forum that makes it worth putting up with the attacks from self proclaimed animals?

To honestly refute the conniving false doctrines of the WTS which have killed many, including innocent children to show the true inherent corruption of the Watchtower Corporation and its supportive organized religion , the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Essentially out of compassionate empathetic care for all humanity or in others words to tell " The Truth "

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Before joining I lurked for about 2 years similar to you. I knew the environment was not very conducive to anything in support of a Christian God. Don't get me wrong, there are many of us believers that remain on this board but stay away from threads were Christianity is being bashed and spoken against. I respect that.

Personally, I've had my share of contentious debates with other members with me trying to defend God. I still believe in God, the Christian God of the Holy Scriptures. I am however, still open to other arguments and researching these no matter where they may lead me so long as it can be validated as truth. Thanks cofty and others as well.

I respect all opinions and do not try to impose my beliefs on others. Comments I make are based on my personal beliefs and its up to the individual to investigate the validity of the arguments being made. I don't impose on others threads and try to fill it with Christian point of views. There have been times I make comments that are aimed in furthering the conversation of believing and not believing.

Simon has also heard from me in regards to protecting members from those who wish to prey on still believing Christians. I understand I do not own this forum nor do I have a vested interest but I do strongly believe point of views should be respected and not assaulted. That's my take on things. Cheers to everyone!

• bsmart
    bsmart

I arrived 7 years ago and the information here is wonderful. I check the "best of" section quite a bit, I am a fan of a few posters and have read most of Terry's and Leo's posts. I am a social christian and total agnostic.

The search function is really great. Any subject at your fingertips. I confess Simon threw me for a loop when the forums went to .com. It is coming together finally... This forum helps me broach subjects to the JW relatives I see occasionally.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

Hello Believer,

I consider myself a Christian Theist. I was a seminary student and a Pastor, former Jehovah's Witness as well.

You will find that the majority of people on this thread are Atheists or Agnostics, you will find that the majority of people who leave the watchtower go through various stages of emotional turmoil. This manifests itself in various different ways. But for the most part, Anger and resentment seem to be the most common. I find Atheism to be a perfect conduit for many leaving the Religion. I have various reasons why I believe this, but that's for a different thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit