Why doesn't the Watchtower Society never study the Bible cover to cover?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You could also ask why didn't the WTS and its leaders read carefully the words of Jesus when he admonished his true followers to not make a time on the father's own sacred time and that he himself did not know of the time ?

Why didn't the leaders of the WTS faithfully obey the bible's instructions of testing the spirit to see if what men preached or prophecy are what Jesus instructed them to say ?

Why ?

because they wanted to self adorn themselves with the power and identity as the FDSL god's chosen ones who they proclaimed Jehovah has chosen them exclusively in 1919.

A marketing ploy to the intelligent and honest ones.

Ones who believed it was more important to be unwavering loyal to Jesus in devoted faithfulness through baptism..

• SadElder
    SadElder

Some years ago in what was then called the "Theocratic Ministry School" the first talk or "Instruction talk" was spent reviewing the material from the "All Scripture (si)" book which contained 66 chapters discussing a particular bible book. I seem to recall there may have been several weeks spent on each chapter. Periodically a review of the book with the same format was brought back. I guess that was the lame attempt at covering the Bible books.

For some reason the "All Scripture" book seems to have fallen out of favor.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Yes, the first talk covered a few consecutive chapters in a sequential bible book, and the number 2 talk was a bible reading of a small, select few verses of one of those chapters, in the book, covered by the number 1 talk. This was done weekly, taking (i believe) about 2 1/2 years or so to cover the entire bible. You were supposed to read the entire bible chapter selections in your personal preparation for the meeting. So only 15-20 minutes were devoted to an average of 5 or so chapters of the bible, per week. Enough time to skim, but not nearly enough time to delve in. So, have I read the bible cover to cover? Yes. Have I studied the bible, cover to cover? No. And I would bet most witnesses, if honest, would respond the same.

• niknak
    niknak

I learned how to read at the age of 4 by sitting in on bible studies with JWs that my mom had. My dad introduced her to the religion. I still can say that I love each and every one of the brothers and sisters that I have met along the way and that have helped me understand the bible and teach me how to really study the WT and scriptures which helped me in life then and still. (Notice I said WT and scriptures. Cause They don't study the Bible in its correct and intended context).

With that said no matter how much knowledge they have and how disciplined they are, they lack one thing. The personal relationship that they pledge to have with Jehovah. The reason they lack it is because the Bible teaches you that if you deny the son, the son will deny you in front of the Father. They also make the son equal to the devil rather than equal to the Father. They refuse to accept the new testament and they won't read it straight cover to cover and discuss it without the material directed by the GB because they have more fear of the GB than they do of God.

It is sad. But remember that the devil knows the word well and he will always use it to mislead people. He tried to use it against Jesus and Jesus is the Word. Shows how bold he is.

The devil is the master of confusion and trickery. Holy Spirit is something that each and every one of us will gain once we have an understanding, accept Jesus as our savior and declare that we will live our lives for God and not ourselves. The scriptures state that John while in the womb had the Holy Spirit.

The Word speaks for itself.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Some years ago in what was then called the "Theocratic Ministry School" the first talk or "Instruction talk" was spent reviewing the material from the "All Scripture (si)" book which contained 66 chapters discussing a particular bible book. I seem to recall there may have been several weeks spent on each chapter.
    Yes, the first talk covered a few consecutive chapters in a sequential bible book, and the number 2 talk was a bible reading of a small, select few verses of one of those chapters, in the book, covered by the number 1 talk. This was done weekly, taking (i believe) about 2 1/2 years or so to cover the entire bible. You were supposed to read the entire bible chapter selections in your personal preparation for the meeting. So only 15-20 minutes were devoted to an average of 5 or so chapters of the bible, per week. Enough time to skim, but not nearly enough time to delve in.

I was at these meetings where the Watchtower Society spent one hour each week showing you how to present the Watchtower and Awake magazines but only spent a few short years and spent a short amount of time (a half-hour) teaching (skimming) through the 66 books in the Bible in a question and answer session. I think that this book was the only material that the Society ever printed that actually came close to Bible teaching.

Now, we know that the Watchtower Society is just a real estate and book publishing corporation.

• hoser
    hoser
    From my personal experience it doesn’t take much bible reading to come to the conclusion that the Jehovah’s Witness religion is a fraud
  • waton
    waton
    you could also ask why didn't the WTS and its leaders read carefully the words of Jesus when he admonished his true followers to not make a time on the father's own sacred time and that he himself did not know of the timeThat wou;d be Acts :1 recently they went over 1 Cor. 14. Fs

Yes wt meetings cover, run through the whole bible, but it is an exercise designed to cover over, defuse, prevent any Beroean type analysis "whether these things, (WT doctrines) are really so". To the contrary, by controlling the questions you are allowed, - or supposed to ask, and answer, wt propaganda is cemented into brainwashed minds.

• zeb
    zeb

For any scripture they quote read the scripture or better the chapter either side of it.

You will often see context and a different meaning to what they are saying.

best wishes R & R

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Simple answer is because the bible doesn't make sense. It's not reasonable, logical, nor believable. Even the almighty gb can't make sense of babbling bible!

It's Jewish mythology. Written by Jews, about Jews, and for Jews!

just saying!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Simple answer is because the bible doesn't make sense. It's not reasonable, logical, nor believable.

when interpreted by the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit