Talking about legalizing marijauna

by obiwan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

um.....just passing thru....thought i smelled somethng in here

Lisa

• Francois
    Francois

Likely to never happen. Too much inertia to overcome, too much fraudulent claims about Mary Jane being a "gateway drug" to harderr stuff.

If enough people did it and did it openly like Gandhi did with the Salt March and thereafter virtually every Indian was making salt, we'd have a chance I think.

francois

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Legalization a la The Netherlands with pot bars and the like, I can't see that happening in the USA in my life time. I can see us heading down the Canadian road though, with possession of small quantities being a noncriminal offense.

• proplog2
    proplog2

For gods sake it's a damn herb. It grows. Let it grow. Eventually they'll splice it into roses so it will be ornamental as well.

I have never used it.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I have heard of the policy Canada is trying to pass, when i lived in Alaska a few years back it was legal to have a small amount on your person. I think it was the equivelant of about one joint. Oh and even though I brought up the subject of legalizing "it", I have never touched the stuff or any other drug for that matter. I just believe that to have booze legal and our leafy friend not is a bit hypocritical, there are too many similarities in the two with regard to addiction and the impairments it presents.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    there are too many similarities in the two with regard to addiction and the impairments it presents.

Actually, the real ugly hypocrisy stems from the vast difference between mj vs Alcohol. Mj is demonstrably less harmful to society, and, both as a plant and as a medicine, is demonstrably beneficial. More so in both cases than alcohol although the health benefits of moderate alcohol use are intrigueing. Cannibus has very little addiction potential, and impairs most people far, far less than alcohol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit