No more talk about the Org. regarding Sexual abuse on this site ....what happened ???

by tor1500 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

The other day on this site, a lot of topics about the org. and sexual abuse...now when I come on this site...crickets... What happened ?

It seems everyone is being exposed except the org...oh yes it's mentioned here and there but then it fades away...Many celebrities are being exposed....& gov't officials and even our President, but not the org...UMMMM...

Thoughts ?

Tor

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I saw a 2 minute story on One America News Network about the JW,s owing $2million in fines but didn't hear the story cause we had company and I was unable to turn it up. This news channel usually repeats its stories , so I set the dvr to record and as yet 9 days later have not seen a repeat of the story, odd indeed .

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

News is news. There'll be times when it's mentioned and other times it isn't.

This is only a personal musing: I get bored of talking about one subject all the time, even if it is a serious one that merits our attention. I think there are a few genuine people on here who are concerned about abuse and who talk about other subjects. On the other hand, there are people who are obsessed with the subject. Can't understand it, even if it's for the right reason, why we should keep talking about child abuse. Sure, the victims need emotional and physical support. Let's point them in the right direction. It's a sick reality, and likely sicker things we never expected in the Borg are to come to public light.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Thoughts ?

My thoughts are that the topic has been covered widely. However, I'd like to know if there's anything to say about the victims. The coverage over the perpetrators has been quite extensive, very little is said about the victims.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I haven't been on in awhile but I'm wondering if all the talk is "triggering" to victims? Not just org talk but politics/hollywood.

It's hard to escape and I wonder how victims are dealing?

• zeb
    zeb

My observations down the recent years tell me some one in the top of the tree has influence with media by what means I can but guess hence accounts of abuse violence are erased quickly. Its the same here.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Hi, tor1500.

The audio/online forum called "Six Screens Of The Watchtower" holds discussions about sexual abuse and the BORG, in addition to a variety/plethora of topics. This forum active on Saturdays at 6:00 p.m. EST. If you are interested, the phone number is: (712) 432-8710, PIN #9925. To join in the conversation/discussion, press *1. I'm sure you'll enjoy speaking with others on this forum.

• waton
    waton

I think the scope of child rapes among JWs, is mild compared what "the world" has dished out. Down with all the rapists. prevent it. sorry for them (I can hear the screams), but compared to Rotherham 1500, the Canadian ski coach, the US gymnastic coaches, doctors, the male abuses in the celibate clergy, now the Rohingya females, The perils of white girls in Europe...You need a magnifying glass so to speak, to track down the individual jw offenders. The news media is coarse, big shock and new news driven, it need big, fresch sensational items all the time. Nothing kills ratings like old, bland stories.so, let justice take it's course and the victims heal, with your help.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It's like beating a dead horse, what good would it do to just keep beating it when nobody has nothing to say today about it. We don't want it to become an unhealthy obsession so balance and the abilility change is a good sign one is not obsessed.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I'm of two minds...

I feel it may be triggering for those who have been abused to continue to discuss and so the topic naturally takes a dive.

AND...

I do not feel it's "mild" compared to the world. I think it is on par with world events and quite frankly gross coming from people who claim to have the "truth" and are trying to hide it after all the WT articles about the Cathloic Church hiding their pedophilia. To me it deserves to be shouted from rooftops honestly.

It's touchy and hard to digest even is one hasn't been touched in any way (literally and figuratively).

*NOTE: I know I'm new and I apologize for disagreeing a bit here but some but thankfully I can "disagree" without fear of being disfellowshipped:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit