When exactly did Jesus become king? The Insight Book tells us.

by The Fall Guy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

it-2 pp. 61-62 Jesus Christ - "They [1st century Christians] recognized him as their Lord........because of his kingly position and authority. It was in the full regal as well as priestly authority represented by Jesus’ name that his followers preached.....to the “name” of this divinely commissioned King, the Lord Jesus Christ."

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

SO Jesus became King and has been Idle for 103 years. Quite lethargic.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

w16 May p. 11 par. 12 - "What has been the record of Jehovah’s Witnesses? They are the only ones who preach that Jesus has been ruling as King since 1914."

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Wow, I must've missed that gem in my research. I'll add that to my collection of proofs of the disingenuous, deceitful and malicious nature of the bORG

Thanks!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Man I just love this organisation. They just won't let go of dates, will they?

• blondie
    blondie

This is the WTS official position: Jesus king over Christian congregation 33 CE and king over Messianic Kingdom 1914 AD.

7 What has Jesus been doing in heaven since his return there? He has tremendous authority. (Matthew 28:18) Indeed, Jehovah appointed him to rule over the Christian congregation, an assignment that he has carried out in a loving and just way. (Colossians 1:13) As foretold, Jesus has provided responsible men to care for the needs of his flock. (Ephesians 4:8) For example, he chose Paul to be “an apostle to the nations,” sending him to spread the good news far and wide. (Romans 11:13; 1 Timothy 2:7) Near the end of the first century, Jesus directed messages of commendation, counsel, and correction to seven congregations in the Roman province of Asia. (Revelation, chapters 2-3) Do you recognize Jesus as Head of the Christian congregation? (Ephesians 5:23) In order to continue following him, you will want to promote an obedient, cooperative spirit in your local congregation.

8, 9. What authority was Jesus granted in 1914, and what should that mean for us in the decisions we make?

8 Jesus was granted still more authority in 1914. In that year he was appointed as King of Jehovah’s Messianic Kingdom. When Jesus’ rule began, “war broke out in heaven.” The result? Satan and his demons were hurled to the earth, triggering an era of woe. The rampant wars, crime, terror, disease, earthquakes, and famines that have afflicted modern man remind us that Jesus is ruling in heaven right now. Satan is still “the ruler of this world” for “a short period of time.” (Revelation 12:7-12; John 12:31; Matthew 24:3-7; Luke 21:11) However, Jesus is giving people worldwide the opportunity to accept His rulership.

“My Follower” p. 184-185

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102007061#h=10:0-10:882

Just reporting not supporting

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know the guy that wrote the insight books and he was awake at the time. I think he was doing his best in writing this stuff but not going completely back over to the dark side.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Do the JWs use the insight books any more? Or are they "discredited"?

• Listener
    Listener

Hi Blondie, it's been a long while since you've posted and I've missed your contributions. I hope all is well with you.

Thankyou for your quote explaining why they teach that he was King in a different sense in both 33 CE and 1914.

They claim that Jesus has had tremendous authority since 33 CE and quote Matt 28:18 which does not make that claim, rather that he has all authority.

And Jesus Christ has ruled as King of kings and Lord of lords over his congregation since Pentecost 33 C.E. But now, since 1914, he has been given kingly authority to rule in that capacity with his enemies placed as a ‘stool for his feet.’ The time was now ripe for him to ‘go subduing in the midst of them,’ all in fulfillment of Psalm 110:1, 2.—Hebrews 2:5-8; Revelation 17:14; 19:16. W 6/1 1994

• venus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit