Terrorist Attacks in Sri Lanka

by cofty 29 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Three Christian churches and three luxury hotels have been attacked in Sri Lanka this morning resulting in more than 130 deaths.

Buddhism is the state religion in Sri Lanka accounting for 70% of the population, Hindus make up 12% with Islam and Christianity comprising 9% and 7% respectively. No group has yet claimed responsibility.

A civil war between government forces and separatist Tamil Tigers ended in 2009. The war lasted 26 years and cost at least 70,000 lives. There were some attacks on mosques last year by Buddhists but that would not account for this Easter day attack on Christians.

So far every commentator on the news channels is carefully avoiding blaming the 'religion of peace'.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Terrible. Why???

• cofty
    cofty
    Why???

We will know that when we know who.

• barry
    barry

I just read 280 killed and over 500 injured and yes it was the religion of peace.

There is a strange attitude by western governments. When muslims are attacked it is "PROTECT THE MUSLIMS' When muslims attack others it is "PROTECT THE MUSLIMS " Strange

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

There is a strange attitude by western governments. When muslims are attacked it is "PROTECT THE MUSLIMS' When muslims attack others it is "PROTECT THE MUSLIMS " Strange

That is Strange. Hell the world is Strange!

• LV101
    LV101

More deplorable/wretched attacks from those in the 'peace' segment of society.

• Simon
    Simon

Their Muslim population has reached the explosive stage?

Expect no hand-wringing and vows of solidarity for Christians even though they are the most oppressed group globally and subject to far more attacks. The media ignores them.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

I like how most news media are talking about the civil war, buddists, hindus, etc, and having the word muslim as a footnote. It's already known the muslims did the attacks, but most media trying to hide it. I wonder if the aloha snackbars did it to the media centers, if they would still be hiding who did it.

• Roddy
    Roddy

Christians don't suicide bomb. Buddhists don't suicide bomb. Hindus don't suicide bomb. Who's left?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Christians don't suicide bomb. Buddhists don't suicide bomb. Hindus don't suicide bomb. Who's left?

Amish. Amish are left. Clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit