A Thread for All The Mothers Who Won't Be Hearing From Their Children Sun.

by berylblue 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• berylblue
    berylblue

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

• Mystery
    Mystery

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Maybe one day they will overcome the JW cult.

• Matty
    Matty

Happy Mothers day for all the USA moms!

Mothers day was on the 30th March in the UK. Is it on different days in different countries?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Mother's Day in Australia is on this Sunday too (May 14).

I don't have a mother anymore. She died when I was 11, so I have no one to wish Happy Mothers Day to.

It's funny, but when Mothers Day (and Fathers Day) comes up, I don't feel any emotion. Is it my JW upbringing, or is it because I don't have a mother anymore, and it's easier not to think about what it's like to have a mother?

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there. Your kids are lucky to have you.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    It's funny, but when Mothers Day (and Fathers Day) comes up, I don't feel any emotion. Is it my JW upbringing, or is it because I don't have a mother anymore, and it's easier not to think about what it's like to have a mother?

It's this way for me -- for every single holiday and every birthday that comes along. Since it hasn't been ingrained in me to do these things since childhood, I have absolutely no emotional connection to the holidays. I can take them or leave them. Of course if others want to be passionate about them, I have no problem with that now. And I try to enjoy some of the holidays with my 4-year-old daughter, so that perhaps she will have that special feeling about these days that I never had.

• mouthy
    mouthy

O.K. I will accept that Mothers day greeting for me. I wont hear from my JW daughter Annmarie- Melanie Died ! Alan died! Faith died! So I,ll except any by proxy Thanks. ( feeling sorry for my self)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Last year was the first year we celebrated Mother's Day. Jackson was in the middle of a nasty thing called "post-viral arthritis" and had been in severe pain for many nights. All we could give him was Motrin, every four hours around the clock, and we had to prop him up with pillows because if he moved any of his joints he would scream in agony. Needless to say, I was sleeping right next to him on a mattress on the floor (Mommy doesn't do top bunks -- scared of heights). I woke up on Mother's Day, after about an hour's worth of sleep, to see Jennie standing over me with a tray containing an adorable breakfast, and two little bags of handmade presents, one from her and one from Jackson. I cry even now when I think about the love that went into that gift and the fact that staying up all night with a sick kid is one of the best things about being a mother, because you can show your love in the most tangible and useful way possible. It's worth all the gray hairs! (Remind me of this when they turn teenagers, okay?)

Nina

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

(((((((((((((((((((((((beryblu)))))))))))))))))))))

• dedalus
    dedalus

You pagans disgust me.

Dedalus

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mouthy! I'll adopt you, if you like. My mother has Alzheimer's and doesn't know me from a potted plant. Of course, the plus side of that is that I can do all the Mother's Day celebrations I want with her because she also doesn't remember what a rabid JW she was.

Love & hugs for my adopted mom,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit