It makes sense do to this, but not in a good way. It's just another sign that things are not "progressing at a fast pace" like they claim. A cult that boasts about the two most publishes magazines in the world reduced to an IKEA cabinet of wafer thin propaganda.
So lets recap:
- Reduced pages in the literature
- Reduced number of mags per year
- Encouraged to use digital publications
- Selling KH's and merging congregations
- Encouraged to "Honor J£hovah With Our Valuabl£ Thing$"
Sounds like someone is running out of cash.