Just peeking in for a bit...

by Jidders 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hello Jidders,

The best thing to do is research and research and verify and verify all the information you read and find.

Go directly to the sources like JW library and verify their false prophecies and everything they say is not true. Then if someone else approaches you just give them the reference to their own publications.

The Jehovah's Witnesses religion is a home built on mud. And the storm is headed their way now and will not stop until they are destroyed the Lord willing. I just feel so bad for all the good hearted people that are stuck in it.

If I may advise you, please, you sound like you are suffering from serious anxiety and depression that can potentially lead to other more serious things. Please consider seeing a doctor and tell them you have just come out of a "high control group."

God bless.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The Jehovah's Witnesses religion is a home built on mud. And the storm is headed their way now and will not stop until they are destroyed the Lord willing. I just feel so bad for all the good hearted people that are stuck in it.''

Excellent point. There was a Mikey and Kim video last July, it was a throwback Thursday video. Entitled 'JWs get ready to obey'. Mikey made the illustration about a bubble how it collapses. From the outside in. He mentions it is just a matter of time and how the internet is destroying JWdom. He relates how he feels for the ones who are hard core in it. It is almost kind of scary in a way.

• Jidders
    Jidders

Thanks Tenacious, I am off and on medicated for anxiety/depression and I've been hesitant to seek therapy but I've been learning to open up to family and friends which has been helping me. It's something that runs in my family but things are getting better even if I feel like my chest is full of wool at times.

Honestly the back and forth of the doctrine made me think "if the watchtower built on a stone foundation either they built the tower too high and it's breaking at the base or they have gone back and forth they've bore down into the sand".

I honestly feel if Jehovah/Yahweh was with them then he's making naked the sins of those holding the reigns but failing to direct the horse, so to speak

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hello Jidders,

The best thing to do is research and research and verify and verify all the information you read and find.

Go directly to the sources like JW library and verify their false prophecies and everything they say is not true. Then if someone else approaches you just give them the reference to their own publications.

The Jehovah's Witnesses religion is a home built on mud. And the storm is headed their way now and will not stop until they are destroyed the Lord willing. I just feel so bad for all the good hearted people that are stuck in it.

If I may advise you, please, you sound like you are suffering from serious anxiety and depression that can potentially lead to other more serious things. Please consider seeing a doctor and tell them you have just come out of a "high control group."

God bless.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Jidders - Glad you are still participating in this conversation and VERY glad that you are getting support for anxiety. A professional therapist who understands 'exiting high control groups' may be a very good next step for you to help you feel even better a little quicker.

You wrote: I honestly feel if Jehovah/Yahweh was with them then he's making naked the sins of those holding the reigns but failing to direct the horse, so to speak

I had similar thought when I walked out of the Kingdom Hall one Sunday many years ago. I hung on to that thought for almost 15 years. I thought they were heading down a wrong path and that my staying associated with the org and not say anything was being complicit with their sins. I could not in good conscience silently sit in my seat at the hall. And I could not say anything for fear of 'causing divisions' and retaliation for insubordination. I felt my only option was to step aside and let the org figure out and correct their errors. Only THEN I would consider reactivating myself.

After 15 years (I did not do research and did not talk to anyone because I did not want to stumble anyone with my own doubts), I eventually found other xjws (on Randy Waters' Freeminds site and here on JWN) and came to believe that the JWs are not - and never were - God's chosen org and love does govern them. They do not imitate Jesus' heart.

Love does not motivate JWs.

Fear, obligation, guilt and duty are what motivates most of them.

Fear of displeasing a 'loving' god. Really?

Fear of suffering the wrath of a 'loving' god. Seriously??

587 v 607 = 1914 is not significant in Jehovah's selection of the Bible Students selection of the FDS. They claimed this favored status for themselves. Actually Judge Rutherfraud Rutherford claimed that status for himself.

For what it's worth, these 3 issues were the ones that convinced me that I was wasting my time and life waiting for the org to 'get back on track':

607 / 587

Mexico / Malawi

UN NGO

They never were on the right track. They were not specially chosen by God.

They never would be.

It was time for me to get on with my life. If life really is a gift from God, I need to show appreciation of that life by using my talents and finding ways to both enjoy my life. Sitting in a Kingdom Hall and waiting for the NewSystem was not showing appreciation for *this* life that really exists now. It came to feel more like I was squandering my time and life in a high-control group that was never specially chosen as god's favored people.

I needed to change that.

I did.

And I have not regretted or apologized for creating a better life for myself. I am happy and appreciative for what I have.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit