I was shunned today for the first time!

by be wise 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Francois
    Francois

bluesapphire, you have certainly got it right. You are indeed taking the high road and it's a highly honorable thing you do. And somewhere in Proverbs there is a scripture that says a kind response is like pouring hot coals upon your enemy's head (words to that effect).

I believe that Love is the most irresistible force in the Universe. Sooner or later Love can and will conquer all. Just as Paul has said "God is Love" when you display love to your sister in spite of how she treats you, it's you that's behaving in a God-like, loving, manner. Yep. It's the high road you're on, and there's no telling how in future your sister will react to you.

Good One,
    francois

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good one, Francois. I am more and more convinced that love is the chink in the Witness armour. They expect derision by men and judgement by Jehovah. What defence to they have against love? Yet another reason the society keeps them as far away as possible from family and friends. No Mother's Day for you, boy!

But if one who has hate for you is in need of food or of drink, give it to him, for in so doing you will put coals of fire on his head. (Rom 12:20 BBE)

Brummie, that was so sweet to notice! I didn't think I left, but perhaps I spent more time reading than writing the last couple of weeks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit