WARNING to anyone considering purchasing a VW from 1997 - on

by SpunkyChick 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I've been a Honda man since 1990. My first Honda I drove for 10 years, and put over 250,000 miles on it. It was a reliable car.

Love the 2002 Honda I'm driving now. Like Big Tex, I'm a Honda Born Againer. I won't buy another American car if I can help it.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I own a 1996 Toyota and just gave it to my daughter for college. It is the best car I have ever had. I have never put one cent into it, except routine maintenance. I own a 2002 Honda Civic. It is a great fun car to drive. The Toyota gets alittle better gas mileage, but the Honda is a nicer looking car. Can't go wrong with either one. My insurance went up with the Honda $170 a year. Good luck and get away from those VW's they suck!!!! Personally I would never own a VW because of who began the business. Just a weird thing about me.

Leslie

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I LOVE my Honda!!!

• JH
    JH

I always had Japaneese cars, and they all went well. Good mileage per gallon, and reliability.

Toyota was the best for fuel economy and ride comfort and reliability.

Honda was great for reliability and fuel economy. firm suspension though.

Nissan was good on gas also.

My choice would be Honda and Toyota. Best cars at a resonable price. You also get a great value when you exchange it.

Here is my latest toy. Civic 2003

• unique1
    unique1

Yeah, My 2002 Jetta is Awesome so far. I did own a 88 civic years ago and It ran great. It had over 150,000 when some Dodge Ram totaled it. I also had a Corolla and even though it wasn't the most decked out vehicle it to served me well.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I work for CAA (Canadian Automobile Association). Every year Toyota wins our award for lowest repair incidence among used cars. Sometimes they win the award in all three categories. My company also own a used car dealership. Toyotas are by far the most popular and keep their resale value the best. Hondas and Nissans are also pretty good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit