I am at the end of my rope with my 2002 VW Jetta GLS. I traded in my 1997 VW Jetta (which had tons of problems....I'd just figured I'd gotten a bum car and decided to give the new Jetta's a try). Well since I purchased my 2002 Jetta in October 2001, it's been in the shop for:
1. Air leak in drivers side window – taken to dealership twice. At higher speeds vehicle still sounds like a convertible.
2. CD Player wouldn’t eject CD’s – CD player replaced
3. Engine light indicator on – 3 trips to dealership
4. Engine coils needed replacing – vehicle was shaking and smoking
5. Re-called for ABS problems
6. Arm rest is broken
7. Flimsy body of vehicle – bumper and stone guard coming off
, the stone deflector in the front of my vehicle became detached (I admit I pulled in too far and bumped the concrete parking block). My friends who were with me were shocked that the minor bump would cause the damn bumper to come off! I took the vehicle to three places to get repair estimates. One of the places was the VW body shop . They stated I needed a whole new bumper and weren’t certain they could match the color of the new bumper to the rest of my vehicle! And this is a new car!! The estimated cost of the repair $1,079.50!!
I had my vehicle repaired at an independent shop for $178.76! They reattached the stone guard. The bumper did not need replacing. Nice to know VW was looking out for the loyal customer.
I have looked into Colorado's Lemon Law and am waiting to hear back from the lawyer. I've written VW and been calling them regularly on their customer service hotline. I want to warn everyone out there not to make the same mistake I did with this incompetent vehicle. I have 2 other friends who purchased VW's the same time I did...and we've all had problems with them.
I've heard Honda's are reliable cars...what do you all suggest for a reliable car?