Wait and wait and wait and wait.

We all keep on waiting, anticipating,

For on Jehovah we must wait,

Yes, we all must wait,

Wait and wait and wait.

https://youtu.be/DS2LjvxLezg?si=db5qRFTeyW_eVD2K

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I’m just a busted-@$$ electrician, but still find it rather hard to imagine how broken hopes cannot possibly lead to anything else but disappointment. And by crikey, that JW/WTS lot have sure served up lots of those! (1914, 1925, 1975 to name but a few).

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Mikejw....Out in the middle of the sea, optimism keeps your arms and legs swimming until 'something' positive happens. Believing you can walk on water is something very different.

The key distinction is the denial of reality.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Pete that goes both ways. Some people are lost at sea have no hope no idea about the big questions in life.

I have come full circle. Used to be theistic now agnostic with hope that there is some truth to the Bibles promises. I’m content and happy and settled.

I maintain it’s better to have hope than no hope. Being lost at sea is no hope. Once you are comfortable and content in that we don’t know for certain if intelligent design was involved at the origin of everything.

This is why I like the watchtower title, hope without disappointment. I think the JW hope will have disappointment. My hope has the best of both worlds and I can’t lose.

What is really sad is long time JWs or other die hard belief systems on their deathbed realising they were deceived all their time in that belief system. That is so devastating.

On my deathbed I won’t be full of regrets that I believed something untrue. I will be optimistic and excited to see what happens after death even if it’s nothing which I hope it’s not, but at least I wasn’t delusional and deceived

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

'Telling you before they tell you'.

As I understand it, the important and most disappointing 'new light' from the 2023 annual meeting is going to be in the May 2024 watchtower.

Hence this gentle warning that we don't expect to be feeling any disappointment any time soon. No, not us!

• LV101
    LV101

'Hope Without Disappointment' sounds like they're assuaging the members' fears -- giving them a new type of hopium.

Mikejw -- I admire your hope but anything WT/JW is immense misery and blocks out any/all optimism for enjoying the present.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The hope is ill founded. Based on broken dogma, broken promises, and made up stories

I hope to win the lotto. It actually exists and the stories if winners are not made up. Contrast to "witness" stories of resurrection, medical doctor evidence and the bs the WT pushes

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

From the article - Christians today, too, can expect tribulation of some sort. (2 Tim. 3:12) What about you? As you put faith in Jesus and follow him, has tribulation come your way? Friends and relatives may have ridiculed you.

This is so aggravatingly twisted. How can JWs even attempt to have faith in Jesus and claim to follow him, who is truth and salvation, when they see a glamourized picture depicting a liar exalted as a wise man, an “oracle” of God and past leader of their organization - their salvation? They are blindly following liars, not Christ. If they followed Jesus’ example and spoke against hypocrisy, they would find themselves disfellowshipped, thrown out of the congregation, and thrown out of the organization for speaking “blasphemy” against it. Mark 14:63,64; John 16:2; Heb 13:12-13; Rev 13:15; Rev 11:3,7

What is blasphemy, and who really is guilty of speaking it? "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy". Luke 12:1

No solid hope can be derived from JW doctrine. “Such a person feeds on ashes; a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, “Is not this thing, (this organization/way to salvation) in my right hand, a lie?” Isaiah 44:20

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit