January 6th hearings...

by Queequeg 36 Replies latest social current

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I do not identify myself as a republican or democrat as I have voted both sides. I think the hearings are necessary because the capitol building was stormed by citizens. It's a federal building and the severity of this happening should not be disregarded. I don't really care about the politics behind it or the result in the end since I don't expect anything to happen. Trump supporters when January 6th happened jumped up and down swearing it was actually ANTIFA and people funded by George Soros impersonating Trump supporters. Now the same Trump supporters defend and downplay what happened that day. Trump has turned into many republicans supreme leader and I don't know why. The stock market went up, and the economy was good, but as a leader I thought he had terrible leadership skills. I thought his response to COVID would make or break his reelection and he blew it in my opinion. I sincerely hope Trump doesn't run again and wish some new candidates would run on the republican ticket.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Were the Watergate hearings also just political theater? Tricky Dick made the mistake of staying loyal to his friends who f**ked up. No evidence he had any hand in the planning of the break in. It was the Cover Up that took him down. (Now, our Pols don't even have to cover up shit. The MSM does it for them! IF they are Democrats.)

How about the impeachment of Bill Clinton? ---- Most Definitely. Bill getting a BJ is just morally corrupt. Now, the Clinton Foundation Money Scheme, THAT's corruption at it's finest. But when Hill didn't get elected it fell apart. But no one cares about that.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It's political theatre. It is an attempt to paint J6 as an insurrection, with Trump leading it. It clearly was not. And its getting close to the "fine people" level of BS. Look at what happened yesterday, a 'star witness' came forward to testify that Trump tried to commandeer the motorcade and lead it to the capital building (I assume as evidence he wanted to go lead an insurrection?). It was second-hand hearsay. We got a clear reason why that sort of crap isn't allowed in court. Why? Because within hours, the people who supposedly were the source of the story came out and said it was all bollocks and that they were willing to testify to that effect. Are they going to testify? No. Are we going to get people repeating the testimony they heard? Of course. I'm sure its just a matter of time before someone will say, "He tried to lead the mob - remember the testimony that he tried to commandeer his motorcade?!!!"

Give me a break.

You want to get to the bottom of J6? I mean REALLY want to? Honestly?

1) Release all the video.

2) Find the people who broke the windows and started the move inward

3) Find out why security was so lax.

4) Look into the Q character. Either confirm or deny the heavy probability that it was a fed.

• Simon
    Simon

It's clearly more fake testimony and inventions.

The latest claim is that Trump "grabbed the wheel to drive the Presidential limo to the uprising".

The secret servicemen / driver already testified that he did not, and of course he didn't, because it's physically impossible to do! But what do the media do? It's front-page news baby.

Same "Russian collusion" bullshit, same liars, same schmucks believing it because they are desperate for it to be true.

Surely the American voters have to be wise to this kind of crap by now? The approval / disapproval numbers for Biden suggest they are not fooled by this nonsense.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Were the Watergate hearings also just political theater?
    How about the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

I couldn't say about Watergate, I was too young to notice or care.

I do think the impeachment of Clinton was political theatre. It went nowhere and people seemed tired of it before long. In the end, he was impeached for lying while being investigated in pursuit of an impeachment, which sounds just as ridiculous as it ended up being.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They conveniently left out the fact that Donald Trump authorized 10k national guard in case their was trouble and Nancy pelosi denied them . If anyone believes this 2nd hand hearsay evidence brought out yesterday then they still believe Russian collusion! Why didn't they ask the secret service themselves?

• Simon
    Simon
    A desperate last-ditch effort organized and orchestrated by a criminal president and his minions.

I know, Biden and the dems are shitting themselves about the mid-terms and will stop at nothing to keep their hands on power.

But the approval ratings are dropping faster than bodies around Clinton.

• Simon
    Simon
    If I could see it what excuse does his supporters have?

That they are not easily fooled morons.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Clinton's campaign had it right when they said "it's the economy, stupid!" And there is one other thing to remember- the President always gets credit or blame for what happens during his watch. It doesn't matter how much he can or cannot influence things or whether or not he or his predecessor had a larger effect. The one in the White House now is the one who has to take the beating or gets to bask in the glory.

I think Biden's team has forgotten this, because they keep trying to find someone else to blame for problems that they could be trying to fix, but don't always want to. The left wing of the party wants fuel costs to go up, because they think it will move the country towards alternative fuels more quickly. But the cost of gas will need to increase by a massive amount in order to make an EV purchase viable for many Americans... who will then not be able to afford that EV after spending all of their savings on gas.

The war in Ukraine is having a significant effect on gas prices, but that is in part because we have reduced our own production so much. And any benefit the administration gains from having Russia as a villain is offset by the fear and concern that come from a possible war in Europe, this time against a desperate enemy who has more nukes than we can count, and perhaps a willingness to use them. If you think high prices and food shortages are a possibility now, just wait until Uncle Vlad irradiates a quarter of the world's fertile soil from his deathbed.

I didn't feel concerned when Biden/Harris won. I figured Biden would take the Clinton route and "talk liberal yet walk moderate" and keep things moving along. But he's being managed by people who want to do the right thing but are overwhelmed, or want to do the wrong thing and are proving quite capable. Either way, we still have more than two years of an administration whose motto is "hold my beer." We're right back in the mid-70s.

• Simon
    Simon
    The left wing of the party wants fuel costs to go up, because they think it will move the country towards alternative fuels more quickly

I think they want to funnel money through "climate change" scams.

There aren't enough metals for the batteries, or power in the grid, for EVs to be more than a minor fraction of vehicles right now.

Gas prices are partly 'caused by Ukraine and the EU making themselves dependent on Russian energy (again, something Trump was dead right on). But don't forget that the very first thing Biden did, his first act, was to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline. That would have had the biggest affect on prices. But we've also had 2 years lack of exploration and development, so there simply aren't the other sources available because he rejected the ethical oil from Canada and goes grovelling to the Saudi butchers instead.

Biden is what happens when you have someone hired for their ideology, and not their smarts. With a diversity hire check-box of a VP.

They are dangerously incompetent and obviously not really in charge of what is going on in the administration - he has card to tell him when to sit down like a good little boy. It's really run by extremist special interests groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit