January 6th hearings...

by Queequeg 36 Replies latest social current

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

What's your take on the January 6th hearings?

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

A desperate last-ditch effort organized and orchestrated by a criminal president and his minions. Proven by Trump past and present supporters even though the code of silence has been adhered to by most of the principals.

Facts don't matter to Trump supporters. I don't recall that Nixon retained any sizable number of supporters but maybe I'm wrong about that. Clinton kept much of his support and I don't know if that would be much different even in the me too era.

• titch
    titch

Well, I HAVE watched most of the hearings on TV, and they have been very intriguing to THIS 68-year-old mind. The Select Committee has been investigating and interviewing people for almost a year, and now the time has come to reveal to the American public---and the world---what facts have been discovered. I DO NOT believe that the timing has been a way of deflecting people's attention away from the economy or any other current event.

To set the record straight, I did not vote for Joseph Biden. I feel that he should not be the President of the U.S. But, having stated that, I did not vote for Donald J. Trump, either. I honestly feel that he should NOT have been re-elected for another 4-year term as President. I voted for the two Candidates from the American Independent Party, even though I didn't know anything about them, or their stand on issues. (I am not registered as an Independent, I am registered to vote as a Democrat.) Oh, yes, it was probably throwing away my vote, but oh well. Best Regards, Everyone.

Titch.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What's your take on the January 6th hearings? - the Capitol riot was bad, so there deserves to be a hearing.

But the actual event wasn't as bad as the BLM riots. The rioters didn't kill anybody, and the damage done, though bad, was just a fraction of the cost of all the looting and buildings burnt down by BLM nutters.

BTW, Trump was acquitted of inciting the mob, as far as I can remember.

What I feel about it can be summed up in these words ... storm in a teacup.

• Island Man
    Island Man

What can I say. If a person is still supportive or sympathetic toward Donald Trump even up to today, then such a person has to be either incredibly stupid, or a completely morally bankrupt, low-life of a human being.

I predicted even before his election, that Trump would be a very controversial president that would bring shame and scandal to America. If I could see it what excuse does his supporters have?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I really have no interest in the politics of America. Goodness knows, I find it hard enough to give 2 shiny shytes about the UK's political farces. why would I? It's all a farce and a joke. I won't be caught in this tribal diversion from living my life. Politics is not reality, it's a smokescreen of deceit for the politicians to get power, wealth and fame. Nothing more. It's contemptuous to the Nth degree.

I disregard them all.

(Edited a million times because of my awful spelling mistooooks)

• truth_b_known
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It is merely a televised theatrical spectacular that is completely 100% politics. This same group of "concerned" politicians who want "the truth" to be revealed totally ignore the Biden Crime Syndicate, BLM corruption, and other "lefty" radicals (like Auntie Maxine and her calls for violence).

I thought Trump (2016) would be a joke or else a RINO (since he had plenty of rubbing of shoulders with the Democrats). But he was (as anyone would have been) the better choice over Crooked Hillary. It was the best 4 years of governance (as well as prosperity) I've seen in decades. I truly believe he wanted to "fix" America. I can see no greed (unlike the Biden and Clinton families) in his presidency. He served 4 years and accepted no salary -- something no other president has ever done -- even the rich ones.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't like him as a person, which is not unusual for politics. I voted for Clinton in 2016 because I didn't think Trump was serious about being President. But he did a better job than I expected, especially with the economy. If not for the pandemic, he likely would have coasted to a win in 2020. I voted for him in 2020.

That said, while I don't think he conspired to stage a coup, his actions after the election were embarrassing. He should have clearly stated, as many times as needed, that the rioters had to stop and let the machinery of government do its job. But his ego is too big and he pushed the 'stolen election' narrative at the worst time. I'd be more satisfied with his loss if the current administration wasn't such a disaster, but I think the party needs to move on from him.

But yes, I think the hearings are just political theatre, and I do think they are timed in the hopes of keeping it in the public eye all the way through to the midterms if possible, because the current administration has been a disaster. But it could be effective, since the best hope for the Democrats right now would be for Trump to keep the GOP split and fighting with itself over control of the party.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Were the Watergate hearings also just political theater?

How about the impeachment of Bill Clinton?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit