XJW Activsm

by oppostate 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

As a Christian with some JW family history, I believe we should bless Jehovah's Witnesses. Bless them first with the gospel and then bless them with doubt.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Both my wife and have given serveral on the borg at our local UU congregation also my wife has been invited to the Erie PA UU congregation to give a talk on the borg in July. Besides letting all our neighbors and friends know about them. That is the only activism we do. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Both my wife and have given serveral on the borg at our local UU congregation also my wife has been invited to the Erie PA UU congregation to give a talk on the borg in July. Besides letting all our neighbors and friends know about them. That is the only activism we do. Still Totally ADD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Educating the public works better than approaching Dubs in my opinion. When “worldly” folks ask questions or raise objections then Dubs will be more likely to listen because the person may be a sincere seeker of truth ( 🤪 ) instead of a confused, lost, faithless subject of Satan, or worse yet, an apostate.

DD

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I do my brand of "activism", find it very rewarding, and know that it has a positive effect because people tell me. I just see it as helping people. You can call it what you will.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I’ve done a great deal of work to help myself and others heal and rebuild their lives after leaving the cult. This has been through personal relationships as well as by participating in workshops for ex-cult members, which I have done as both a participant and a presenter. All of this has been immensely rewarding and productive.

But if by “activism” you mean trying to change or reform the religion, forget that. It’s a complete waste of time and effort.

Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses on the door of Wittenberg Castle 502 years ago on 31 October 1517. Sure, it started the Protestant Reformation, but it didn’t end the Catholic Church. To my way of thinking that just made things worse.

Trying to reform the WTBTS is a complete waste of effort.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit