by oppostate 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oppostate
    oppostate

Have you ever done XJW activism?

Do you find it rewarding?

Do you feel it has an effect?

• cofty
    cofty

I often speak to JWs at literature trolleys. I've had a few very worthwhile conversations.

• LV101
    LV101

I think it has an effect on those who've been negatively affected. The activism Impressed me my first convention and I knew it wasn't just my own doubts/perceptions.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I firmly believe in the saying, "It takes a thief to catch a thief."

The "awakened" should assist the "sleeping" by helping them to hear the alarm bell gently and gradually.

It took years of repetition of dogmas for the org to perform their mind-changing agenda, so don't expect to find a magic bullet. Just ask viewpoint questions - as you were taught to do in the Ministry School - and wait for the hesitant and mumbled answers which will inevitably not be accompanied by scriptural backing!

For example, "Why does your "faithful slave" teach that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant, when God Almighty said that they were?" (Deuteronomy 29:10-15)

If someone just wants to vent and feel as if they've achieved a modicum of revenge by turning up at memorials, conventions, etc. just to cause a commotion, that's their choice. Ultimately, the onlookers will feel vindicated for shunning such "evil apostates" IMO.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry TfG ,but if you had asked me that question when I was in ,and I was in for 32 years and a MS for some of that time ,I wouldn`t know what you were talking about ?

Where does the "Faithful Slave " teach that foreigners are not participants of the law Covenant ?

Sorry ,I have been out for 20+ years now so I`m a little rusty on what they taught back then .

• Simon
    Simon

I think it depends what you are calling "activism"

Having a calm, rational conversation with someone and gently showing them how the beliefs don't make sense or that the WTS is guilty of misleading them is very worthwhile.

Too often though, people use the term "activism" as some self-aggrandizing label and an excuse for poor behavior and just venting their own anger but targeting it at individual JWs who are not the ones responsible (if in fact, there is anyone responsible for their life's ills but themselves)

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I Hate those KH crashings. If someone did that whilst my mum was in The hall it would frighten her something cronic and that would wind me up.

I quite like P.E idea some months ago about pre printed sticky labels with quick catch slogans "jwfacts.com" etc. Or even qr codes around conventions. Non confrontational but gets the seeds plantef

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember reading an article of a group that picketed a convention in Poland, in which they advertised an X-JW, Polish language web site. They showed site stats of visitors to that web site a few weeks before and after the picket. There was a noticeable increase. So people were certainly taking note. The lesson I learnt from this (and probably the reason I remember it to this day) is that although the attendees may not of had the courage to openly voice their opinions in public, but in the privacy of their own homes it's a completely different story.

• blondie
    blondie

It is much easier to anonymously go to a website (just as long as you hide it from jw family members).

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I've tried looking for that article. I hope someone can find it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit