Zoog Mine Fire

by Bill Covert 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

The Zoog Fire is burning just outside of Redding Ca., 0% containment, 3 dead. Sounded like WW2 with air tanker traffic going over the house yesterday. Quite amazing the size of aircraft used; large jets, military air lift transport plus the prop jobs of Cal Fire. They are worried that the fire could jump Clear Creek and get into the west side of Redding. The Carr Fire jumped the Sacramento River in 2017, killed 7. One was a fireman friend of my son when he was in fire dept.

The first tanker of the day just flew over as I am writing.

Old memory, years ago there was the Happy Valley Fire, it took out several Witness's homes. I took the proceeds from a all night job for a logger [whom he himself was burned out a couple years before] sent a thousand dollars to the relief fund [probably the largest donation they got] I didn't even get a thank you as being a so called apostate.

Anyway, in my letter writing I have primed the local church 'grape vine' with the info related here that the Nov. Wt. is being pro active in telling the rank and file not to bitch and complain if their Kingdom Hall's are sold to free up funds for building new hall's in other parts of the world. Even though my campaign is 30 years old I realize that the engine that is going to bring down the church is the molestation issue. I truly believe that when the courthouses are opened and Zalkin's law suite's are filed and hit the media then the full impact of what the church is doing in the Nov. Wt. will hit with the liquidation of Kingdom Hall's will have the power to shatter closed minds.

If I was a creative writer I could spin an "apocliptic" story of; pestilence, fire and anarchy for the year 2020.

The church taught the in 1919 the "walls of Babylon the Great came down and God's people were freed from mental bondage". I would like to make the prediction that history will repeat itself, that in 2021 the chicken wire will fall from around the turkey pen and the mental bondage to Stephen Lett &co. will fall like 'scales will fall from their eyes' Acts 9:18 and they will start to see that that Rutherford was right, "religion is a snare and a racket"!

So anyway a lot going in the minds of the church members; Stephen Lett's last day of the last days, the actual last moment of the last day, etc, etc... The virus lock down. Civil unrest. The fire. So I think for the first time when the Zalkin molestation suites hit the media that will be the engine that will bring down the mind control over the turkey pen.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Fire up date. it is 1pm. There is some blue sky, the sky is so silent it is deafening. They bombed the hell out of that fire yesterday. I have never seen anything like it. A conflagration so big knocked down in one day, Amazing! I seen the newspaper stories as to what the government was doing in response to the deadly fires in recent years but to of witnessed the actual government function in such a dramatic results is truly amazing!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Does that mean the fire has been put out? Hope so. It’s very interesting hearing it from the horses mouth, so to speak. How do these fires start, by the way? Is it because temperatures are rising? Are they accidental?

PS I think the pandemic may have the witnesses running back { metaphorically!} to the Kingdom Hall, but when it dies down and the press gets hold of the child abuse scandal in the states things may change and witnesses may start listening.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

No the fire is not out, it has a possibility to merge with the August Fire complex. A little explanation due. There was a copper smelter in the Redding area, it was shut down after it usefulness toward WW1. The emissions killed all vegetation going south with the wind almost to Sacramento affecting the orchards. What grew in its place was the Manzanita [Spanish "little Apple] bush. A very resinous thick branched bush that burns very hot and intense. The 2017 Carr Fire became famous for its fire tornado, to where newspapers refer to it, as was the case earlier this summer with a LA fire. Most famous fire tornado was the bombing of Dresden in WW2.

To see a fire in concentrated Manzanita growth is to see a monster. The cloud produced is intensely hot, ugly, creates it own weather system which in turn creates a fire tornado. The USFS Fire Support Base where the air tankers load with fire retardant is 2 miles from my house. So i get to see air traffic to the fires. In 2017 the Carr Fire jumped the Sacramento River, took out a Redding neighborhood. So Tuesday there was a repeat of the fire headed to Redding through the Manzanita, the cloud was very ugly and intense. Yesterday that cloud was gone, amazing! The government bombed the hell out of that section of the fire. They could not allow another Carr Fire or Camp Fire[2018 wiped out the town Paradise] happen again.

I guess this is one of those posts to where a person would of had gone though the experience to appreciate just how powerful a response the government applied. One of those things where the government truly succeeded in its mission.

Actually I went to one of the August Fire command centers in the town of Hayfork last night to work on a fire engine from Arizona. I got home at midnight. Those camps are amazing. Those fire crews take a person back to a time when society wasn't obese.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The cooperation between fire departments is a good side of humanity. My locals have traveled 1000 miles to California a few times. They say they hope that it can never be repaid.

Other times a crew will man a station for paramedic stuff to let the nearby town fight a huge fire with their own commsnd structure.

BTW. Not a word from mother on charitable opportunities

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Yes, and they come to my part of California. I get to go to fire camps 2 or 3 times a year to work on equipment, in the 2008 lightning strikes I did a week in the Cal Fire shop. When you get to work in that environment you realize these are a special group of people.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Large wildfires do magnify the best and worst of humanity. The unsung heros, like all the public safety workers, and volunteers..like volunteer firefighters, volunteer animal rescue, volunteers with Salvation Army, Volunteers with Red Cross, Volunteers with church groups like shepherd's purse, and most mainstream churches assisting evacuees.

The worst of humanity is also magnified. Politicians show up and stand on the ashes of people's homes to push various political agendas and point fingers and get free publicity. Carloads of armed looters get through fire lines to rob evacuated homes and businesses.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2
    Diogenesistera day ago

Does that mean the fire has been put out? Hope so. It’s very interesting hearing it from the horses mouth, so to speak. How do these fires start, by the way? Is it because temperatures are rising? Are they accidental?"

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

The Zogg Fire is not out but has the possibility to connect to the August Complex and has the possibility to become a record breaker acreage wise. My wording on the post was a little misleading. The amazing part was the power of the fire column in the Manzanita and how hard the government attacked it. Realize that is all prefaced by the fire tornado of 2017.

what causes Northern California fires; climate change, hotter temps allow bark beetles to multiply, which kills trees, that is spreading.

The spotted owl fiasco, they thought logging disturbed the nesting so they shut down logging because the spotted owl was endangered. Since then they learned it is the Barred Owl [who is not endangered] kills spotted owls.

They deemed cattle grazing is bad for habitat.

environmentalist's use the courts to block logging.

All these things and others produce dead trees, brush, and forest floors to be clogged with massive amounts of fuel.

I am not a big Trump fan but in this one area his policies are probably the best. He attacks Governor Newsome for not managing the fire situation properly but then again it is Federal lands that are in the worst shape.

In short land management is administered by FUBAR, with SNAFU as under secretary.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry but what is FUBAR and SNAFU ? pardon my ignorance .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit