What sort of EX JW Book do you like to read?

by punkofnice 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Kate - It's all good. It's good to hear varied viewpoints.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have decided to revive my recollections of being a Jobo.

Here's a segment:

School - I wasn’t allowed into the school hall in the morning, to sing hymns. I was told that it was ‘against my religion’. Instead I had to sit in the cloakroom outside. It was boring. On occasion, when a trouble maker was ejected from assembly, they’d find me, pale faced and frightened, trying to look inconspicuous. I often ended up being called a ‘weirdo’ and getting punched in the guts. It was inevitable. I became accustomed to ridicule and persecution. There, you see? I was persecuted. God must have loved me but was inept at expressing it properly outside of violence and hatred. Good old Jehovah, such a wag.

My friends at school became the minority types. We were the oppressed, for whatever reason. Sometimes the reason was because they were idiots. I grew up believing that I was also an idiot. Perhaps I was. I reserve the right not to be an idiot now. Eccentric, yes. Never an idiot.

One teacher screamed at me because I insisted that the Noah flood story was true. The trouble was, her scream fed into my perfect JW persecution complex. God loved me because the teacher thought the flood was a fairy tale. It’s a good job I didn’t mention the ventriloquial talking snake.

When the teacher asked what we had done in our school holidays, my nauseating reply was that I ‘went to an assembly’. The teacher asked what we talked about. My reply sickens me to this day; “Paradise!”

The class laughed at me. I deserved it. Perhaps I should have punched myself in the face to prove that Jehovah loved me.

• Ding
    Ding

How about: "The Not-So-Finished Mystery: The Watchtower and New Light"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ding - that's brilliant.

• Onager
    Onager

I'd like to read a book called "The Thousand Year Reign" which would be a dystopian future story of a world in which everything pans out exactly as the GB predict. It could follow a young family as they took part in burying the endless crow pecked dead, the losing of all sexual desire, the constant commands from heaven and of course the fear of sinning and losing even this poor miserable chance at life.

I see it as Hunger Games meets 1984.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Onager - Stupendous idea.

I see it as Hunger Games meets 1984.

I see it as the JW dot Org dream.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think that would work, especially if it had a subtly satirical edge.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - Unless it's a PC sensitive 'ooooh, I'm offended' wazzock

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Onager's idea could work, 'specially if it had subtly satirical edge.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vid - I think the zombie apocalypse is alive and well and living in all the Kingdom Hells

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit