God's Rule Book ....The org is setting the scene....

by tor1500 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yep the the JWs back then we're preparing for Armageddon, it was supposed to take place in October 1914 and when it didn't happen Russell wasn't all happy that the gentile times had ended no he was disappointed it didn't happen the way he had said. So he quickly rewrote one of his study in the scriptures books and in the new version he said he screwed up in his calculations and forgot to deal with the year zero between AD and BCE so he changed his understanding. In the new updated version of his book Armageddon was now to take place in October 1915.

One other note he was such an honest guy that when he wrote this new updated book some how the measurements of the interior of the great pyramid changed to coincide with his new prediction year of 1915.

• schnell
    schnell

So when did the 7 times and 2520 years come in? I know it's desperately prooftexted BS, but it had to come in some time.

• schnell
    schnell

Nobody? Okay. I'll just assume the answer is, "When their bowels decided so..."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with Sir82. I was always thinking..."what should I drink when I get home...red or white?"

I don't think people are thinking at all. They just go through the motions and continue on with their social life. Waiting on Jah! No thinking involved.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WT spin doctors must be getting dizzy by now... :smirk:

• Spiral
    Spiral

sir82: Well over 95% of JWs don't give a crap what the meeting is about. Everything - literally 100% - is forgotten on the ride home.

For the most part, the only people who care about the idiocy of WT doctrine are the apostates who pick it apart.

I have to agree with this statement. It seems to me that most JWs don't know or care what doctrine really is. Too hard to figure out, and they don't care anyway because doctrine (these days) is not the reason they are JWs. The apostates know far more about the religion than the publishers do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit