2017-12-4 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND Re: Changes to Circuits

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Due to the increase we have witnessed over the past few years, a number of circuits have grown.

Reminds me of a newspaper advert for recruitment: "Due to expansion we require even more salesmen.." In other words, we need to constantly replace our discontented and disillusioned workforce.

• Half banana
    Half banana

"Due to the increase" I thought the increase in JWs in the UK was 26! Who is pulling the wool over the sheep's eyes?

Perhaps they mean that there are no longer enough COs to go round since many of them are waking up to the JW racket.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Perhaps they mean that there are no longer enough COs to go round since many of them are waking up to the JW racket.

So it could be that the ratio has increased. Say initially 500 - 1, if half of the CO's have gone the ratio would be 1000 - 1.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks Wifi.

"Exciting adjustment"? Some spin there , surely.

It's probably about time that the circuits were renamed as the names dated back to the 50's when there were far fewer congregations so are often misnamed from a geographical standpoint ( Wick congregation , in Caithness , is in "Angus Number 1 circuit , even though it is probably a 2 - 3 hour drive from Angus ) .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Beats me what that's all about. The circuits in Scotland already changed a few years ago as far as I know. No new congregations for years possibly decades (apart from foreign language) and I heard about one closure.

In fact can someone with knowledge of the history ot congregations in Scotland help me? I'd like to record congregations with a view to tracking closures going forward. If i could track back too that would be great.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

wiki has the elders school been leaked? I thought I saw a thread the other day and now I can't find it.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ snugglebunny - "JEHOVAH'S organization" in the scriptures? The word "organization" itself doesn't appear in the Bible, and therefore is unscriptural - just like "trinity."! :)

• alanv
    alanv

Another bare faced lie by Watchtower. The UK increase over the last five years averages just over half a percent per year lol

• freddo
    freddo

Well... sad man that I am I had a look on jwborg and counted up the present number of congregations in Scotland. Now I don't know if Scotland in borg terms is the same as in where the border between England and Scotland is in real terms but I assume it is and have not included Berwick-upon-Tweed in Scotland.

According to the letter there will be six circuits in Scotland of similar size.

I counted about 109 congregations including a Polish in both Glasgow and Dundee and a BSL in Edinburgh.

I noted but did not include a couple of "isolated groups" in the Hebrides/Skye neck of the woods and a few "pre-groups" in Polish/Russian/Roumanian and Mandarin.

So all in all it looks like the size of the new circuits will still be about 20; maybe a little less - 18 plus the odd isolated group would seem about the average.

I also noted that Glasgow has 12 English speaking congregations and Edinburgh has 8 English speaking. (As in the name of the city comes before the name of the congregation.)

So unless I am missing something I don't see a large reduction (or any?) in circuits for Scotland. Does anyone know how many there are at present?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

freddo: Well... sad man that I am I had a look on jwborg and counted up the present number of congregations in Scotland

Wow - you can also check out the Scottish Charity Commission - it appears they list 110, though three are not congregations - so that's a pretty good match with your figure.

https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-oscr?keyword=jehovah&charitytype=0&page=1&perpage=250&orderby=relevance&orderdir=asc&stype=reg#results

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit