Norway: Society hires a Law Firm

by Festus 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes, Lawyers is what they are in short supply of.

You hear cries for them all the time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Van is right; it’s about the money.

The situation is slightly different with the WTS then other megachurches, though, I think…

…securing the Org’s revenue stream is more a means to an end, rather than the goal in and of itself.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The GB have different standards to be met than the R&F , but what I say is what`s good for the goose is good for the gander .

In other words dont do as I do do as I say .

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I guess the Org. have realised they were regularly getting their arses kicked in Court using their inept in-house Lawyers.

They need top notch guys for this, because it is bigger than merely losing the $$$ from the Norwegian Government. This Judgement in favour of the Government challenges their Policy of Shunning, that they cannot afford to lose a grip on, it is their CHIEF means of Control.

Admittedly, Norway is not a huge deal in the World of International Law usually, but this matter concerns Human Rights. This time the world of Law will watch with interest, analyse the arguments, and the outcome. Interesting times !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Vidiot;

''securing the Org’s revenue stream is more a means to an end, rather than the goal in and of itself.''

You really get to see the ugly side of the Borg when it comes down to legal or financial entanglements.

That's when the gloves come off. It's all about the Borg's image.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They will fight because they want the money, and also because they don't want a precedent set. If one country takes action due to the shunning policy, others may decide to take a closer look at the policy. Shunning is one way to keep the rank and file in line. Losing that would be a real problem for the WTS.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

LOL, yeah, it’s even more craven than “we want free money”; instead, it is “we will fight until our dying breath to maintain our ability to blackmail you (via threat of shunning and alienation of affection) into submission to us”.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What Tonus said about the legal precedent aspect; that’s arguably just as important.

Really, anything that even hints at threatening the Org is confronted with a disproportionate degree of tenacity.

You'd think they were scared or something.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LOL, yeah, it’s even more craven than “we want free money”; instead, it is “we will fight until our dying breath to maintain our ability to blackmail you (via threat of shunning and alienation of affection) into submission to us”.

\Maybe we're seeing the Borg in it's final death throws.....you never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit