Amazing!!

by DIM 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

Well, now that my wife Michalina is 20 weeks pregnant with our first girl (or child I should say), Isabelle Rose, people who have treated us like we are dead for the last 15 months are coming out, pretending to be our friends all of sudden. Even people we considered friends when we were in PA who have basically shunned us want in our lives now - of course - we are having a baby! This religion and people within it never cease to amaze me.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I suspect they smell a new victim. Con ya'll in to being re-assimilated, then assimilte the baby too. MORE MEMBERS, MORE POWER, MORE MONEY.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Congratulations! I'm sorry such a happy event has to have sort of a down side.

Will you welcome them back in the fold? Or do you wonder if they are just positioning to have access to another future recruit.

I gave my parents full access to my sons and they used that access to influence 2 of my 4 sons into working for the publishing corporation and following the corporation's shunning policy. I had not done any exit counseling or challenged my own flawed core beliefs early enough to know to keep relatives who are also recruiters for a high control group away from my family.

Best wishes, gary

• rocketman
    rocketman

Odd. But I'm not familar with the reasons you were being shunned. Are you inactive? DA'd? Df'd?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

The standard Witness blab is along the lines of:

"Oh look Dim and Mrs. Dim are having a baby. You know, the responsibilities of a child often make people really think about the terrible world we're living in! Perhaps they'll be more receptive to The Truth now. We should encourage them."

In other words, they'll try and use any stresses and uncertainties that arise from your new circumstances, as tools to leverage you back into the cult. Don't kid yourselves (I'm sure you're not) that these people actually have any genuine concern or human feelings for you.

Expatbrit

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((((((((((DIM & MS DIM)))))))))))))))))))

whooohooo congratulations!!!

will we be holding a new baby at this years Seatle apostafest??? I sure hope so!

Chin up, mate, you know the further away from a cult you get the crazier its followers seem. And to think we used to be like that. Just pity them.

Hope all goes well with the rest of the pregnancy and life!

Hugs,

j2bf

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

This is quite pathetic. When I was still in the org, one of my JW sisters mentioned how she was spending extra time with my inactive sister (previously DF'd/reinstated) because she was pregnant, hoping the child would bring someone to the realization that they need God hence the organization. As all Witnesses know, there is no difference between God and the organization. Pathetic.

• JamesThomas
  • Princess
    Princess

It's another form of the "love bomb". I'm sure everyone has it right, they think a baby will bring you to your senses.

Love the name by the way.

Joy I think you are going to have to be content with watching Michalina do the 8+ months waddle. I think we have to wait until September for baby Isabelle.

Rachel

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ohhhh, <counting on fingers> well, I don't have one of my wheels at home to wheel out her due date! I call my wheel my brain, and now you know I can't work without my brain! hehe

Can't wait to see the prego waddle! lol

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit