The "faithful slave" urges confession in latest Watchtower!

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

darkspilver: was the "James" book not authored by those enlightened ones disfellowshipped in the R. Franz apostate affair? never to be quoted by wt again?

yeah, and so it's always great to be able to quote from it

I don't have a problem quoting from it - I think it's a very good verse-by-verse commentary

• minimus
    minimus

They do this every few years. They get people feeling guilty and before you know it a couple of people will say something that nobody would've ever known. It's all about control going from the Organization.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

They do this every few years. They get people feeling guilt

haha, yeah, you know they've just gotta 'guilt-trip' the flock.....

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It never made sense to me when an elder or a CO would say "Jehovah's spirit" was being withdrawn because of wrongdoing. They would point to lower hours and lower donations as evidence. They would say Jehovah's spirit was being withdrawn from the congregation. I would reflect on my 90 hours a month, 12 bible studies and countless hours as an elder in meeting parts and such and think, what did I do that would make someones sin cause Jehovah to thwart all those efforts? They couldn't see that debt and a bad economy was hindering ALL the congregation members from meeting the slavish demands of the organization. Usually the hours of these same elders were low and they were often absent. Jack asses.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "cover it over in order to avoid embarrassing themselves or disappointing others."

LOL. Is that the really the real reason? Notice how they deceitfully omit to mention the true reason, namely, the cruel shunning that the cult imposes on those they deem as unrepentant sinners.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Forget the niceties of doctrine, to the JW org doctrine is simply something to distract the minds of the Sheep with.

I reckon they have thought, "Why is Jerhoover not blessing His People any more? (that is why have the contributions plummeted) Ah! it must be that the brothers must be secretly sinning, that's why the holy cult is going down the tubes". Fess up brothers, it's all your fault!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Elders I'm here to confess my sins. I confess that I was involved with a disgusting ,lying ,manipulating, murdering, evil, vile cult!!! May god forgive me !

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Confess and abandon secret sins. Some Christians who have committed a serious sin try to cover it over in order to avoid embarrassing themselves or disappointing others.

So why doesn't the leaders of the WTS. confess to their sins, such as the corrupt lying sins of not adhering to the bible and Jesus's direction in preaching his Gospel ?

The WTS leaders have been false prophet apostates since its inception as a religious publishing house.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

"We love you, confess and all will be better," they say. However, remember this:

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I confess that I am guilty of not waking up and leaving years earlier!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit