ARC recommendations. Read for yourselves

by zeb 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Holy bugger.

I didn't know all that.

Gotta make it way harder to scrape the bottom of the barrel for potential "qualified" brothers who are actually willing to take on the job.

:smirk:

• zeb
    zeb

cofty. the UK have been told.

The US ? I despair, it seems the passion to deal with this is wanting. Barbara and the SNAP organisation withstanding.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I would so love to see this in the USA.

DY

• zeb
    zeb

any other comments?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for starting this thread zeb .However these are only recomendations from the ARC at this stage and not law (yet)

The Catholic Church has already objected to Clergy divulging confidential information given to them in the confessional saying its not going to happen and clergy will break the law and go to jail if need be rather than break this church law. According to a R.C.Cardinal

Who knows we may even see the Jehovahs Witnesses being a friend of the Catholic Church in a court of law if it gets to that point.

They got into bed with christendom in a court of law once before right ?

Interesting times ahead though.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The net result of this action has been that all 7,000 elders and ministerial servants have been forced to comply with the WWC as well as several thousand pioneers and publishers who preach to or study with children.

I wasnt aware that it included pioneers and some publishers either jwleaks

That is very good news.

And you guys passing this information on to your respective goverments could go a long way in making the WT.org accountable for the abuse of children happening in their religion in your part of the world.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy - "The net result of this action has been that all 7,000 elders and ministerial servants have been forced to comply with the WWC as well as several thousand pioneers and publishers who preach to or study with children."

What I find really interesting is how much - and for how long - they passively resisted this, considering a) how perfectly reasonable and common-sense it was, b) did not actually run counter to the Bible WT policy in any real way, and c) was the fucking law of the land.

A loyalist would hum and haw and maybe try to argue that it was about the WTS being above "man's laws", or that the Holy Spirit would (somehow) keep the Org "clean" , therefore making it unnecessary...

...but anyone with half a brain (even otherwise dutiful JWs, IMO) would see through that level of bullshit in seconds.

The only real reason they would have resisted for so long is that...

...if they implemented and enforced it, their own internal records of sex offenses amongst the rank-and-file could not help but significantly limit the number of individual JWs able to qualify for WWC status, leading to a) a shortage of "qualified" brothers able to maintain the day-to-day functioning of the Org at the grassroots level, and b) raise very awkward questions amongst said rank-and-filers as to why there was such a shortage (not to mention why that selfsame number of unqualified brothers were only permitted to do whatever "alternative service" witnessing - see what I did there? - was provided)...

...which would also dovetail uncomfortably with the public-record findings of the Aussie RCC (which the Org had to know was coming, otherwise their Legal Dept. is comprised of morons), thusly making it far more difficult to simply dismiss the problem as "apostate-driven lies"...

IMO, virtually every policy decision they've made has a) been made in an effort to hide the problem from the rank-and-file as much as humanly possible, and b) (also ironically) made it worse for them in the long run.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I would doubt we will see anything like this in the US under the current government.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks for posting zeb.

• zeb
    zeb

Vidiot. I think you mean ARC not RCC I say this as to remove any confusion.

star trek angel. That is a great pity..

sparrowdown. thankyou.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit