Are They Letting the Organization Go?

by pistolpete 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Interesting Idea by;
    Fabian Strategy Warrior

To many of you, this idea might seem absurd, but is it?

On the surface, the Organization seems as fanatical as ever, maybe even more so.

At the top, we see a different story. They are in no hurry to get back to Kingdom Halls.

They failed to launch a special program to keep baptisms up. They have nearly killed off printing and writing of magazines.

Their sense of 'apologia' barely exists at all, in spite of the greatest challenges to their history and doctrine ever.

The direction of the Organization has never been this lazy, as an objective fact.

In regard to their on air performances, it takes no special effort to rant about adversaries. It's stereotypical behavior anyway.

Maybe they are letting things go with some intention.

Let things burn themselves out.

Selling off Kingdom Halls might be an obstacle best dealt with by inaction.

Let Zoom calcify the situation and publishers won't care anymore.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

One reply by;
    isettaplus1959

I think you have it right , I joined jws in 1963 it is a totaly different religion now ,major doctrines changed from 2013 on that make no sense ,like the sudden declaration that the faithfull slave is now made up of only the governing body, since pastor Russell time the slave has always been anointed Christians , another is the doing away with types and antitypes which basically undermines the teaching on 1914 and the teaching that there are two classes of Christians .

In knorrs time as president the organisation was the leading publisher of Bible aids ( even if their theology is way off) , as you say now we get one fresh public WT a year !

No books to place in ministry , the rush to get all on line and use tablets and smartphones etc for ministry and meetings ,and the cherry on the cake the grand media centres to produce movies to broadcast on line .in fact bro Morris said at the AGM that route calls are a waste of time .

If it was not for the shunning many would simply melt away and many would dissociate as a protest at the absurd nonsense that is presented on the jw broadcasts and in meetings..

As for kingdom halls I think they will sell off most of them and Keep a few strategically located for small circuit assemblies. The religion known as Jehovah's witnesses will become just like the original Bible students just another small insignificant group with little contact to the public .

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There's too much money to be made by keeping the organization intact. I think they'll work towards getting people back into the kingdom halls as soon as they can. Peer pressure works best when it is face-to-face.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

There's too much money to be made by keeping the organization intact.

Money moves everything. You might be right.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Recording artists don't make money like they used to since music went online. The big money is apparently in concerts in sold out stadiums.

Maybe it's the same for the org. Do Kingdom halls make money, or is it a better play to sell off the bulk of them, go full online and count money from donations,then, a couple of times a year make windfalls with local conventions.

I've wondered if they will have more frequent international conventions for the really big bucks.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Getting rid of types and antitypes might cause a problem for the religion in some ways, but types and antitypes is bad theology (and wrong application of bible prophecies), and outmoded thinking. For example, neither Jehovah God (nor any any pre-Christian humans attributed as writers for him) ever meant for apostate Jerusalem or apostate Israel to represent a future Christendom (or apostate Christianity). Likewise the writer (whether the human transcriber, Jesus, or even Jehovah) of the book of Revelation never meant for the two witnesses (mentioned in Revelation) to refer to 7 or 8 men at WT headquarters (nor the WT corporation, nor Russell's/Rutherford's Bible Student movement) of the 20th century CE.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I read the claim that there were numerous WT doctrinal changes made since the year 2013 but I am only aware of a few (or at most several) of them. I ask that someone post a long list of the changes.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

The doctrinal changes they come up with the past 10 years or since the currect GB has been in place are laughable.You can see them on jw broadcasting struggling to put two verses together.The overlaping generation, the locusts of Joel's prophesy, what is third heaven just to name a few are not just bad theology just laughable.You can tell that the holy spirit has left the building along time ago

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You can tell that the holy spirit has left the building along time ago ~ Ray Franz

In the 1040's and 1950's the won 49 of 50 cases before the US Supreme Court.

In the past 10-20 years, they've been bled dry on CSA awards and settlements.

No Holy Spirit guidance any more.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Pete No books to place in ministry , the rush to get all on line and use tablets and smartphones etc for ministry and meetings ,and the cherry on the cake the grand media centres to produce movies to broadcast on line .in fact bro Morris said at the AGM that route calls are a waste of time .

It makes me wonder if they've seen the success of Netflix etc and they're intending to turn themselves into a religious streaming service. Then it will be "we produced millions of simplified tracts in millions of languages....but now we can reach even more people .,..maybe who can't read at all" !!

Not at all realising that other religious groups have already made films that reached a billion people "The Life of Jesus"....and that for free! Something Watchtower will certainly not do🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit