What would happen if the Watchtower decided no more meeting at Kingdom Halls, only Zoom?

by pistolpete 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I’m seeing my hard core believing relatives slowly losing faith that the Watchtower is the organization that “God” is using to represent him on earth.

Just about all the Churches in their Area have opened up.

But Not the Watchtower.

This is having an affect on the faith of even the old timers. Now the only ones who are still holding the faith are the female jws and only those past 70 years of age.

Even my old male jw relative past 70 are starting to say that it can’t be Jehovah’s organization because the other Churches are all open and God supposed organization who is supposed to preach the warning message is still closed with no open in sight.

"I'M NOT GOING BACK EVEN IF THEY OPEN BACK UP NEXT YEAR!" ----Is what they are saying.

If the Watchtower continues for another 6 months to keep everything closed, a ton more Jws are going to start opening their eyes.

I never even imagined that a VIRUS would be the downfall of the Organization.

Or at least started the downfall by closing all the Kingdom Halls WORLD-WIDE and ENDING THE DOOR TO DOOR PREACHING-----WORLD WIDE.

I always thought it would be persecution that would stop the Preaching Work, but instead it was a virus that killed 4 million people WORLD -WIDE out of almost 8 BILLION in almost two years considering that many “experts” are saying the virus actually started in November-December of 2019

So seeing my old jw hard core believing family start losing their faith in the Organization---NOT IN GOD---it makes me wonder what would happen if the Watchtower decided to just END ALL KINGDOM HALL MEETINGS!

Something too is that once they open their eyes, the jig is up, they will never believe in the Watchtower again. No matter how many shepherding calls the elders make. It's all downhill once the truth becomes obvious.

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

I was having this thought last night during our meeting. Our Local Needs talk was about being thankful that we have the Zoom meetings...which to me was them saying "Nope, we're still not going back to Kingdom Halls"...

It's obvious that older ones will be VERY HESITANT to go back in person, how will that effect everything?

And then I thought, well what if they end up just keeping it this way...and sold off Kingdom Halls? Wouldn't that be something...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Going totally online would solve a lot of their problems regarding liability, and cash flow. That been said I think the negatives far out weigh the positives in that ultimately they loose control. I think it was only 12-13 months into zoom meetings and there was a elders letter about people holding private discussion groups. Ultimately there is nothing like face to face contact. I feel if they go on line, and run with the money, this will ultimately be the end of them,

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think they are heading for full on Televangelist Bull shit.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

In my area Zoom Field Service codes have been sent out covering through the month of August and meetings through Dec. 2021. On Sundays, I see church parking lots at near capacity. It seems that “Christendom” was anxious to gather together after the pandemic, the Witnesses not so much, other than Judicial Committees!

My PIMI family doesn’t seem to be too anxious to get back to meetings. They do a lot of talking, laughing and texting during the Zoom meetings. They are late many times signing on and sign off within a minute after meetings conclude. So yes WT has a lot of work ahead to get meetings going again.

Its true you can’t go back once you wake up. Even olde timers are getting tired and discouraged. Many see the clock ticking and are wondering if the Big A will come in their lifetime. And Divine protection was lacking for the Witnesses during Covid. Their percentage of death was high!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

You know something interesting is that my old jw relatives have kind of transformed into nice people.

Before they would ignore me because I was never baptized. But now when they see me they go out of their way to say hi, they invite me to sit down and chat. They ask me about my business and how is it working. They ask how are things out there in the real world. They ask about my family and tell me that I should bring them over for a meal.

And they NEVER bring up the Last Days Crap anymore. They want to talk about normal things like what kind of sports I like, what scary movie do I recommend, how many guns do I have, does it take a long time to learn how to shoot one. WTF----these are old 70 plus jw believers.

Do you thing they realize that the Last Days is just that-------------CRAP

I think it's the New Personality taking over

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    S0ShowdidIgethere

Our Local Needs talk was about being thankful that we have the Zoom meetings...which to me was them saying "Nope, we're still not going back to Kingdom Halls"...

Heck if I was a jw, and hadn't had meetings and field service going on two years--- I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL FOR ZOOM.

• Overrated
    Overrated

My brother who zooms Jw meetings was counseled on drinking a glass of milk. Now when he zooms he does not turn on video. Maybe in time he will not zoom at all.

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

Yeah...sadly my husband has been the one sitting and judging if people are being appropriate in their little window boxes. It's probably only 30% of people that are actually on camera...

Funny story though, a few months back...a MS in 70's or so revealed to everyone that he was only dressing for the meetings from the waist up...saw his red plaid boxers...haven't taken him seriously since.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

My brother who zooms Jw meetings was counseled on drinking a glass of milk

Whattttttttttt! You can't even drink milk while watching zoom🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit