Was Jesus really a Jehovah`s Witness ? He never identified himself as such , in word or deed.

by smiddy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jaydee
    jaydee

Image result for marking emoji

marking

thanks smiddy

• kepler
    kepler

Need some identifying characteristics:

Did he go door to door distributing literature?

And with whom?

From which Kingdom Hall?

How did he get along with the Elders?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Was Jesus really a Jehovah's Witness?

The way that I understand it is this

In Exodus 10:2

and that you may recount and explain in the hearing of your son, and your grandson, what I have done [repeatedly] to make a mockery of the Egyptians—My signs [of divine power] which I have done among them—so that you may know [without any doubt] and recognize [clearly] that I am the Lord.”(AMP)

This sounds like they were to act as witnesses to their offspring of the birth of the nation and as his chosen people.

But now, this is what the Lord, your Creator says, O Jacob,
    And He who formed you, O Israel,

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you [from captivity];
    I have called you by name; you are Mine!
    “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.
    When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched,
    Nor will the flame burn you.(AMP)

www.biblegateway.com

And I understand that Jesus was born into the nation.

I understand the ‘You are my witnesses’ in Isaiah 43 was after Jehovah had issued a challenge

Let all the nations assemble in one place, And let the peoples be gathered together. Who among them can tell this? Or can they cause us to hear the first things? Let them present their witnesses to prove themselves right, Or let them hear and say, ‘It is the truth!’ (www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/isaiah/43)

It would seem similar to me with JW today as they have witnessed the birth of the nation in 1914 I believe and I understand I should be able to hear their message and say it is the truth but I could be wrong.

• Heaven
    Heaven

While Jesus was not a Jehovah's Witness (the religion was founded well after he died), they do both hold at least one commonality. Jesus was an apocalyptic preacher who thought God was going to fix everything in his lifetime. So really, the JWs adopted this from a Jewish rabbi. What is odd is how much JWs actually hate the Jews, yet much of what they believe in came from a Jew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit