Are Beards becoming more acceptable due to decline in membership?

by UnshackleTheChains 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I noticed a young brother with a beard being given more privelages within our hall. When he first grew his beard, he lost his privelages. But more and more recently he has been helping out a lot more.

The cobe is old school and a stickler for rules, but with the hall becoming more empty these days, and the need for young brothers, he seems to have relaxed on this particular Watchtower/man made rule.

Have you observed this relaxed attitude toward the beardites in your hall (if you are still attending)?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

nope. A brother in his late 60s popped by to say hello to me yesterday and I said 'wow! you've grown a beard!' and he said 'Yes, but the cobe hates it!'

So here, nothing has changed.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

best if just the sisters be allowed to grow beards--they dont have any privileges to lose.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The ingroup polarization on this issue is as strong as it's ever been in our area. At least it is another thing to prod the thinking process of a young JW about the stupidity of their parent's cult of choice.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Are Beards becoming more acceptable due to decline in membership?

Yes.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

does jehovah have a beard ?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He might have a medical reason not to shave. An Elder in my old congregation in Texas had beard. He can't shave due to medical reasons. When I attended the very first midweek meeting in Texas, I was stunned that the elder with a beard gave a service meeting part. One of the sisters explained why he can't shave.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Imagine if Jesus appeared before them.

Jesus: Behold, the son of man is with you. I have a lifesaving message for you all...

Elder 1: Thanks Jesus but you'll need to shave and put this white shirt on before we can allow you on the platform.

Elder 2:Also, can we have you latest ministry report slip please?

Elder 3: And a letter from your previous congregation confirming that you're a baptised witness in good standing.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

No. Beards are just as taboo in the states as ever

• venus
    venus

Such diluting of standard is typical of human writers. To dilute the self-evident statement in Genesis 1:29, 30 (which says about decreed vegetarian food for both animals and humans), humans writers invented a global flood (which wipes out vegetarian food) to introduce non-vegetarian diet. (Genesis 9:3, 4)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit