Deuteronomy 23:1 funny verse

by neat blue dog 13 Replies latest social humour

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Come come children, this is junior school humour.

About castrations, what’s new? They do it to animals all the time. I was hearing yesterday about male opera singers back 2 or 3 centuries who had it done to preserve their high voice.

Nothing untoward in Deuteronomy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Are religious zealots obsessed with sexual parts?

• Etude
    Etude

In the 17th Century, castration became nefariously popular, starting in Italy. Boys were castrated between the ages of 7 and 9 years old, with the purpose of retaining their angelic vocal tones for the church choirs and never going through puberty. Of course, they mainly used boys of poor families who were compensated by the care and keeping of the boys while going through extensive vocal training. I'm not sure what a castrato vocal range encompases but, it does exist in men who have gone through puberty and speak with normal male tones, but sing in the castrato range. Once again, it takes religion to fuck up a life.

• Rafe
    Rafe

The ancient Hebrews sure weren't empathic and compassionate to those who had some physical harm come to them.

Like why would god reject men who had their nards removed or damaged ?

So I guess if guy lost a arm or an eye, god would reject those guys as well ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit