How My Date Went

by Robdar 30 Replies latest social relationships

• Robdar
    Robdar

Good start, and I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but...he's only one man out of countless others.

Rayzor,

You make a very good point. There are many single people in this world. He is a nice guy but I plan on dating others. The other guy that I met is nice too. And I think I will have fun with him Saturday night. We had a great political discussion on the phone and I think it's a hoot that he wound up inviting me to see the Dixie Chicks with him.

The problem with this is, he lied in order to do it.....

Comf,

Comf, yes, he did lie! Wow, if he would lie to his friends, perhaps he would lie to me also. I dont have time for lies. This is turning into a bigger problem than I originally thought it was.

Because believe me, on a first date, he was holding back

Another good observation. The bar serves up its draws in 20 ounce cups. He drank 4 on his own and then polished off my second one of which I had only had a couple of sips. He also mentioned that he had a few beers before he came to the restaurant. All his buddy stories that he told me included massive amounts of alcohol. He was so tipsy that I drove him to Starbucks and got him some coffee. Then I took him to my favorite park and walked him around. I thought that maybe it was nervousness and mostly overlooked it. Now, I am not overlooking it. Sunday, I am driving. Yes you are.

Hamas, Yes I am? What are you refering to?

did he look like a young or old clint?

(((((((((Bliss))))))))

How ya going? Miss you much. He is 51 and looks like a middle aged Clint. He has very few lines and no wrinkles. No gray hair either.

you'll both loosen up enough to start really talking about your respective intellectual interests. It's a bit tough for a guy on a first date to admit that he enjoys Puccini, especially when there's a rival sniffing around.

Expat,

I so love your fine sense of humor. LOL, "G" doesn't like opera so we will probably never discuss Puccini. He didn't know who Tolstoy is either. I had mentioned to him that I am reading War and Peace. I do realize that some people are just not into reading or philosophy. But, he doesnt mind my plans of going back to finish my degree and says he would be proud of my accomplishments. This is so opposite of my ex who would discuss Tolstoy, Paccini and others but was always trying to stifle my pursuit of education.

Let us know how things go, there are plenty more fish in the sea if this one doesnt sound right for you

Brummie,

Yes, more men out there. I have been lonely for a couple of years and it is nice to have male companionship again. But, why saddle up with the wrong one? I think that he was the ice breaker for me because suddenly, I am being invited out by quite a few men; women too. I am still not ready to swing that way yet.

And the joking about marriage? He wasn't joking

(((((((Arrowstar)))))))

So, you don't think he's joking? If he mentions it again, I will nix it right away. I don't mind going out with him upon occassion but I ain't marrying him.

If two "Red Flags" went up in your mind, then rethink your situation with him

Thichi,

Good advice, succinctly put. Thank you.

Hugs everybody,

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

And his joke about marrying you....hmmmm, all depends on what context and tone of voice he used.

Rocketman,

I don't know what to make of "G". He wanted me to call him after my interview today to tell him if I got the job I have been after. BTW, I got it!!!

When he answered his phone he said "hello, I think I love you." He is not the flirty type, or so he says. He also asked me when I was going to slip him a little tongue. It seems the cheek kiss I gave him last night got him worked up. I am thinking that I should figure out a way to tell him buh bye. I feel badly about it because he seems lonely and he is sweet but he is freaking me out.

Thanks for your input.

Love ya,

Robyn

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

It sounds like Prince Charming is rather desperate. There is a site that can help men like this from making the same mistakes over and over. Do him a favor and refer him to:

http://www.sosuave.com/

Brian'

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Robdar)) -

Trust that "freakin' me out" instinct. It will serve you well. That boy ain't right in the head, I tell ya...he ain't!

The world is opening up for you. Enjoy each new day with all that you have to give. Life is good...don't be afraid to get some on you.

Lisa

• cellomould
    cellomould

"Nice guys" don't test your boundaries like that.

This guy sounds like he is just waiting to get the upper hand. You need not feel sorry for him if he has insecurities. Insecure guys coerce women into sex.

You are intelligent...he will scurry away when he realizes you will not cater to his adolescence.

cellmould

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Robyn,

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Robyn,

I'm trying this again since every time I try and reply the board posts it automatically before I'm ready.

First, pat yourself on the back that you went out with "Clint" and are going out again with another guy. I've heard women who were terrified about the possibility of dating.

Second, sure this guy might be insecure and hasn't dated in a year (and why not, I wonder?), but still, that much alcohol is too much. If he sees himself as the classic "nerd" and you're seen by him as akin to the Prom Queen that he never, in his wildest fantasies, dreamed he'd be going out with, then I can see it on his part to a degree. In the same spot this would be my state of mind if I had reacted this way. But if he always drinks like that...huh uh. Does he anesthetize his lonliness that way, or use it to cope with life?

The girlfriend remark, to me, was too fast, too presumptous, and put you on the spot. Might also signal this guy gets overboard emotionally quickly. I remember dating a girl in high school that told me in a note she loved me (after the first date) and we had a fight on the second. One date isn't enough. You've been out of the scene for a long time and naturally it'll be a while before you know what type of guy you'll be comfortable with.

Now, I have to admit being a tad bit irritated with those who say not to expect an intellectual discussion on the first date. I'm guessing the two of you talked for some time before going out. I'd think he could have sized you up as brainy, up on current events, or a Barbie doll before then. (The way you write posts shows you're no dummy.) And reacted accordingly. Especially if his job requires him to make judgments about people, like a lawyer, salesperson, etc. What's hard about discussing the pros and cons of homeland security, was Michael Moore OK or out of line dissing the Prez during the Oscars, his views on current events, or whatever? Kinda skim the surface, not do a Crossfire-type debate.

Maybe you could make yourself a list of the qualities you'd require, like, accept, or avoid, and rate guys like that. It sounds cold-blooded to some but is it romantic to take a chance on a guy who can't seem to (for examples) relate well to people, hold a job for long, or (insert favorite peeve here)?

As far as a kiss: I'd say no, on date one. Unless you felt comfortable with it. But, you agreed to go out with him; if he abuses the privilege, he runs the risk of losing your company. You're in charge.

Hope this helps.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    All his buddy stories that he told me included massive amounts of alcohol. He was so tipsy that I drove him to Starbucks and got him some coffee

I'm afraid you have a loser here. Some guys whole lives revolve aroung drinking. Also the fact that he got tipsy on the first date, when he should have been trying to impress you, indicates he has a big problem. Asking for tongue is, at best rather crude. Bug.

• teejay
    teejay

I know I missed this, but how'd you meet him?

• JT
    JT
    Another good observation. The bar serves up its draws in 20 ounce cups. He drank 4 on his own and then polished off my second one of which I had only had a couple of sips. He also mentioned that he had a few beers before he came to the restaurant. All his buddy stories that he told me included massive amounts of alcohol. He was so tipsy that I drove him to Starbucks and got him some coffee

you have been give some serious red flags in my view go with your first instinct=

the calling you his girlfriend is serious in my view, cause he has ALREADY CLAIMED YOU AS HIS- signs of being the possessive type is how i read it

a possessive man who drinks too much is a bad sign my friend I HOPE I AM WRONG FOR YOUR SAKE-

JUST MY 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit